Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    DarthIllegal wrote:

Why do you guys point all of the immigration fingers at Democrats when Republicans are just as bad?
    Probably because a very large majority of the Democrats in the U.S. Congress support amnesty. As for Republicans, the opposite is true (small minority support amnesty). So, that is why most of the "fingers" get pointed at the Democrats. I'd say the Democrats deserve eight fingers and the Republicans two fingers.
    Exactly, their voting records is why they are getting the well deserved blame.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When the Republicans had control of the White House under Bush they were for amnesty. In fact Bush openingly supported amnesty. And if they regain control of Congress and or the White House they will support amnesty in some form. As for only 20% of Republicans being for amnesty that is only maybe their public position. If the leadership wants it-- and they do want it-- then the rest of the Republican memebers of Congress will support it in some way. IMHO

April
    URGENT FLORIDA ALERT!!!ACTION NEEDED NOW!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1041093.html#1041093

MW
    JustThatGuy wrote:

When the Republicans had control of the White House under Bush they were for amnesty. In fact Bush openingly supported amnesty.
    While it's true that Bush was pushing for an amnesty, it is NOT true that the Republicans, excluding a small handful of knuckleheads, supported amnesty. It was actually Republicans that stopped the last two amnesty attempts. The majority of Republicans did not follow Bush, however, I fear the situation will be very different where Obama and his Democrats are concerned.

FACT: A large majority of Democrats support the legalization of illegal aliens and a large majority of Republicans don't. Folks like Sen. Graham, Sen. McCain, and Rep. Flake are not representitive of the majority of Republicans in the U.S. Congress.

And if they regain control of Congress and or the White House they will support amnesty in some form.
    The majority of Republicans didn't support amnesty when Bush was in office, so what in the world makes you think they'll support it with Obama in office?

As for only 20% of Republicans being for amnesty that is only maybe their public position.
    Their "public position" is normally how they will vote in the end. To vote opposite of their stated position would be political suicide.

If the leadership wants it-- and they do want it-- then the rest of the Republican memebers of Congress will support it in some way.
    The Republican leadership in the Congress does not support a path to legalization for illegal aliens. Unfortunately they do support a guestworker program, but they do not support amnesty.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW, it was only a few days ago Chairman Steele of the Republican party said he was going to help illegal alien protestors find another Republican to sponsor an amnesty bill. But there's no way the leadership is going to cave in on amnesty?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Justthatguy wrote:

MW, it was only a few days ago Chairman Steele of the Republican party said he was going to help illegal alien protestors find another Republican to sponsor an amnesty bill. But there's no way the leadership is going to cave in on amnesty?
    Regardless of what Steele says, he does not speak for every Republican in the U.S. Congress.

From what I understand, Steele’s relationship with Republican leaders in Congress is not good.

In 2007, Steele opposed giving driver’s licenses to illegal aliens out of fear that they would register to vote. He also called the 2007 CIR bill amnesty and said there would be no change in the Republican Party’s enforcement-only immigration approach. For the record, Steele will have lost my respect and support (like I'm sure he cares ) if he has decided to flip-flop on his previous postion.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Republicans would have to become supportive of an entitlement, welfare society, which more and more Americans, especially Republicans, are rejecting. Democrats are following that path, and they are the ones that illegal aliens have identified with, as well as the other Democrat extensions, such as La Raza, SEIU, AFL-CIO.

2 Chronicles 7:14

It is written,... if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Well, if we didn't have a bunch of vote hungry Democrats in DC, I'm sure this problem would have already of been resolved. All it will take is one president of the US standing up and saying get out!

Dixie
    Exactly!! It really is just that simple.

Perfectly stated, Dixie.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Justthatguy
    Steele didn't actually say that. Amnesty people said that. Steele said they got it wrong, and I'm far more inclined to believe Steele over these amnesty advocates who lie about everything.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12