Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Patrick Offers Bill Making it Illegal to be Illegal

Patrick Offers Bill Making it Illegal to be Illegal

Last Edited: Tuesday, 20 Feb 2007, 8:52 PM CST
    Created: Tuesday, 20 Feb 2007, 8:44 PM CST

Texas Sen. Dan Patrick FOX 26 News

AUSTIN -- State Senator Dan Patrick (R-Houston) has introduced legislation which would make it illegal to be illegal in Texas.

The bill, Senate Bill 773, would give officers another tool to detain and arrest persons who are suspected to be in violation of other laws. If it passes, the penal code would be amended to define being illegal in Texas as criminal trespass, a Class B misdemeanor.

The new classification could not be used as a primary offense, but it would be used to enhance an officer's "reasonable suspicion to believe the person has committed or is committing a violation of another law of this state or federal law."

"I patrolled the Valley with border sheriff deputies," Patrick said. "I was outraged to learn law enforcement did not have the tools to detain a person for being in our state illegally even when the officer had reason to believe the person had committed another offense."

The bill would also require arresting authorities to fingerprint persons who are in violation of the act. And officers would be allowed to transfer, at the agency's discretion, violators to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for processing.

"We know drug traffickers and people of questionable intent are roaming our streets, and if local law enforcement, through their normal course of investigation, come in contact with these persons should we just let them go?" Patrick said. "I think not. We owe it to our citizens to give our officers every tool possible to detain those who wish to do us harm."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages ... geId=3.2.1

MW
    A bill like this would loosen (a little) the tied hands of law enforcement in Texas. Certainly hope he can push it through.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Notice how all the meaningful legislation is being proposed by Republicans? Gosh, isn't it great that we gave the Dems control of Congress?

What a load of crap! Neither party has any meaningful legislation in regard to the ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION DEBATE. PERIOD!

My personal experience with Texas Law enforcement is that the judicial system only cares in extracting financial gain from from legal, tax paying, financially able citizens!

The idiots (YES IDIOTS!) in Houston's 3rd Precinct Constable's Office, knowing full well that the operator of the vehicle that hit mine was illegal, knowing full well that said driver had no valid driver's license, no valid insurance, and no valid residency, turned a blind eye to said violations even when prompted as a follow up the following day!

You ask why? Why bother filing when there is a good chance of FAILURE TO APPEAR, and even a worse chance of RECEIVING COMPENSATION for the precinct (in the form of FINES) from individuals who have no traceable income, no history, and no way to be tracked!

The only people hauled into court, processed, and held accountable for their actions are U.S Citizens! That is because they can be FORCED TO PAY FINES, or have their licenses revoked or suspended for failing to do so! Thus, through legal coercion, employment of U.S. Citizens can be hampered or terminated for outstanding warrants, fines, or failure to appear!

If you think some dipwad legislation will cure the scourge of the lack of criminal jurisprudence or oversight within the State of Texas, THINK AGAIN!

Texas embodies what is wrong with the United States, from it's "Republic" attitude, to it's ignorant cowboy mentality, to it's wanton disregard for immigration law, and it's disrespect for the environment. It is a breeding ground for IGNORANCE and STUPIDITY, and the present U.S. Administration, as well as the general attitude of Texas residents are proof positive!
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

I`m tired of hearing the talk, most of this is already in the law books, Enforce the damn laws!!

The new classification could not be used as a primary offense, but it would be used to enhance an officer's "
    Code:
    reasonable suspicion
    to believe the person has committed or is committing a violation of another law of this state or federal law."
    There a phrase with no end in meaning.
    ------------------------

ThomasMoore wrote:
    The idiots (YES IDIOTS!) in Houston's 3rd Precinct Constable's Office, knowing full well that the operator of the vehicle that hit mine was illegal, knowing full well that said driver had no valid driver's license, no valid insurance, and no valid residency, turned a blind eye to said violations even when prompted as a follow up the following day!
    Last year in Ca, 3 people were killed in a auto accident by drunk illegal.
    they found that he had a list of DUI`s driving w/o a DL or Ins, dating back a decade. They found this out and also that he was using false name, "AFTER" he was released on a OR and orders to appear.
    ASTA LA VISTA Baby, this guy headed staight for the border.

I`ve heard (too) many stories like that and it just p****s me off to the max.
    ------------------------

Just deport all illegals as soon as they are picked up. Unless they are wanted on a serious crime, if murder then excute them and don't hold them in jail. American taxpayers should not be forced to pay costs associated with illegals.

What the ???

"Offers Bill Making it Illegal to be Illegal?"

This is insane! Im so dumbfounded I
    dont even know what to say here!

hey..I know..why doesnt someone
    introduce a bill that..

REQUIRES THE GOVERNMENT
    TO ENFORCE THE LAW!
    <div align="justify"><div align="left">[i]</div><div align="center"><div align="left"><div align="center"><div align="left">[i][i][i][i][i][b]WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FACISM!* IMPEACH THEM ALL!</stro

introduced legislation which would make it illegal to be illegal in Texas.
    aha now we have doublespeak in legislation... SIMPLY AMAZING how far this will go before people stand up and take action.

ps.
    Sarcasim noted Crocket
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu
    introduced legislation which would make it illegal to be illegal in Texas.
    aha now we have doublespeak in legislation... SIMPLY AMAZING how far this will go before people stand up and take action.

ps.
    Sarcasim noted Crocket
    I dont have a lot of confidence that they will.

This doublespeak has been going on for a very long time.

For example: President Bush claiming a Guestworker program
    is NOT Amnesty!

The media is guilty of this too ... bigtime!

Aaaaaa...congratulations on the dumbing down of America.
    <div align="justify"><div align="left">[i]</div><div align="center"><div align="left"><div align="center"><div align="left">[i][i][i][i][i][b]WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FACISM!* IMPEACH THEM ALL!</stro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast