Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Paul Endorsed by Nevada Brothel Owner

Paul Endorsed by Nevada Brothel Owner
    Monday, November 26, 2007

RENO, Nev. — Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, an underdog Texas congressman with a libertarian streak, has picked up an endorsement from a Nevada brothel owner.

Dennis Hof, owner of the Moonlite BunnyRanch near Carson City, said he was so impressed after hearing Paul at a campaign stop in Reno last week that he decided to raise money for him.

"I'll get all the (working girls) together, and we can raise him some money," Hof told the Reno Gazette-Journal. "I'll put up a collection box outside the door. They can drop in $1, $5 contributions."

Hof and two of his prostitutes, Brooke Taylor and a woman who goes by Air Force Amy, attended a Paul news conference.

The women said they liked Paul's message, but wanted to learn more about other candidates before making a decision.

Paul spokesman Jeff Greenspan said Paul is a diehard supporter of states rights and an ardent libertarian who wants to return the purview of the federal government to what is articulated in the U.S. Constitution. Paul also is a devout Christian who opposes abortion.

"On a personal basis, he doesn't condone those things," Greenspan said of prostitution. "At the same time, from his campaign perspective, it's not the role of federal government and it's not in the constitution for federal government to regulate these things.

"The Nevada votrs and Legislature have decided it is legal activity in this state," he added.

In 1971, the Mustang Ranch near Reno became the state's first legal brothel and led to a movement that legalized prostitution in 12 of Nevada's 17 counties.

Hof was accompanied to the Paul news conference by television news personality Tucker Carlson, who is traveling with Paul for a magazine article he is writing.

"Dennis Hof is a good friend of mine, so when we got to Nevada, I decided to call him up and see if he wanted to come check this guy out," said Carlson, who hosts the show "Tucker" on MSNBC.

___

Information from: Reno Gazette-Journal, http://www.rgj.com

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

And this makes the news why??????
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

"I'll get all the (working girls) together, and we can raise him some money," Hof told the Reno Gazette-Journal. "I'll put up a collection box outside the door. They can drop in $1, $5 contributions."
    HEE HEE. Who cares who gives a contribution as long as its legal.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Might cost him the Mormon vote, but Mitt's got that sewn up anyhow.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Might cost him the Mormon vote, but Mitt's got that sewn up anyhow.
    Don't be too sure Betsy, this is one mormon who isn't and never will vote for the flip flop head. And, there are many people in UT who aren't voting for flop head either. Interestingly enough, in the last two polls here in UT, Paul came in 2nd behind flip flop. That's not too bad.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Dennis is just promoting himself and his ranch again. He does this every once in awhile, such as when he offered free sex to returning servicemen from Iraq (one which he repeats, as "legal" prostitution advertising).

He has a TV show on HBO called "Cathouse: The Series," which is basically a big promo of him and his girls.

So, this has nothing to do with him backing a candidate. It's just another way to promote his business and earn more money.

TexasGal

Banned
    If he keeps it and uses it (and I’m sure in Nevada its legal). I would be questioning this/ him if and only if , he ever played the moral card against other candidates. I guess in the same light if a Pot dealer came from Amsterdam and Gave up a million dollars to the candidacy then that’s ok too. It’s a fine line any more. I say if the good Doc keeps it, Id be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    If he keeps it and uses it (and I’m sure in Nevada its legal). I would be questioning this/ him if and only if , he ever played the moral card against other candidates. I guess in the same light if a Pot dealer came from Amsterdam and Gave up a million dollars to the candidacy then that’s ok too. It’s a fine line any more. I say if the good Doc keeps it, Id be surprised.
    1. this is not news.
    2. ron paul should NOT return the money. Americans of every hue, belief etc.. should be able to donate regardless. A donor is not indicative of the candidate, it is not someones right to tell someone else how to use their monies. Also, it would be impossible to track down every $5 donor, I would think.
    3. also, moral? what does this have to do with morality? prostitution is legal in the bible. this is a legal profession, has nothing to do with morals.

I love to play "spin the top", it is such a good game.

Sippy, you mean LDS refusing to vote for a ROMNEY! Wow. I'm former LDS myself (but still friendly) and my jaw dropped.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Sippy, you mean LDS refusing to vote for a ROMNEY! Wow. I'm former LDS myself (but still friendly) and my jaw dropped.
    Betsy, you would really be surprised because I know I am.
    There's a forum here in SLC from KSL's website (www.ksl.com) and from time to time you hear all about the flip flop head coming to UT to get more money from his suckers.
    Anyway, many of the posts put up on any article regarding romney and his campaign seem to draw more negative comments about him than those that favor him. Actually it's quite refreshing!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast