Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Peasants hold pitchforks at the gates

Peasants hold pitchforks at the gates

Barbara Simpson
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: July 16, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

The Senate vote on immigration failed. The issue is dead.

Or is it?

No, it isn't – and Americans better not be complacent about it.

The politicians will be back with another version, regardless of which party wins the next election. Locally, the same mentality prevails to circumvent law, logic and morals on the part of politicians, activist groups and churches, and the media are cheerleaders.

Example: Front page, Contra Costa Times in Northern California, July 11.

Complete with intentionally emotional pictures, it described a 1.3-square mile area on one street in Concord with 91 apartment complexes housing some 38,000 residents. More than 60 percent are in poverty, and many apartments house as many as 10 people, most sleeping on the floor.

The article was about redevelopment and possible rent increases.

Predictably, the article begins with a 24-year-old Mexican man returning from work to his two bedroom apartment (he pays $200 per month), which he shares with seven men and one woman.

We're told he'll sleep, watch TV and "think about the day he goes back to his wife and 2-year-old daughter still living in Vera Cruz, Mexico."

He came here "for solid work and a calm environment."

He says if rents go up, he'll have to move away from the construction jobs – "Or, he'll have to stop sending money back home to his family."

Is he a citizen? Is he here legally? Does he have a green card? Does he have a driver's license? Does he speak English? Who knows?

Who cares?

(Column continues below)

The article recounts other living arrangements, commenting that many want to live where others speak Spanish and want to maintain the "ethnic feel of the area."

Funny – they left all that in Mexico.

Another article on Page 5 of the same edition, tells of the Contra Costa County Human Relations Commission working to formulate "a pro-immigrant resolution" which it wants the county to endorse.

Essentially, they don't want schools, police or any authorities to "cooperate" or "collaborate" with federal immigration/customs authorities. They're copying the resolution of Richmond, Calif., which forbids police or schools from enforcing immigration laws or even asking legal status.

It sounds like legalized sedition; how can sworn law officers comply?

When the immigration law push started in Washington, it was business as usual, with a caveat. Knowing there'd be resistance, meetings plans were secret. Astonishingly, they included La Raza, a militant Hispanic organization that believes there are no "illegal" immigrants because, in their view, the U.S. Southwest belongs to Mexicans.

As the proposal became public, along with details of who put it together, opposition grew and became more vocal. But that didn't stop the push because it was assumed President Bush would sign it; he's supported the idea since his first inauguration. George Bush is nothing if not single minded and stubborn.

Opposition continued, and, as the issue gained traction on talk radio, it became impossible to ignore. Some think talk radio simply picked up on the issue of illegal aliens because of this proposal.

Wrong. It's been a thorn in the side of law-abiding, fair-minded Americans for years and a consistent talk radio issue. On my own KSFO program, it's been a hot issue for more than 12 years. Listeners want the border secured, freebies ended and illegals to go home.

They want their country back. They're not opposed to immigration; they're opposed to ILLEGAL immigration and authorities condoning it.

The political and media elite regarded the vocal opposition as "the peasants at the gates with pitchforks," as they heard, forcefully, from American citizens across the country about so-called immigration reform.

Those peasants, were us – U.S. citizens. Politicians insulted us, forgetting they work for us, not the other way around. They're elected by us, paid by us and their job is to represent us. But they don't care.

Politicians tried to ignore the onslaught of calls, faxes, letters and e-mails. When that didn't work, they resorted to the time-honored political tactic of name calling, insults, casting aspersions and, finally, accusations of racism and jingoism.

It didn't hurt that media supported them and focused news coverage on the bill's proponents who spoke with well-practiced "warmth and compassion" about the "welcoming generosity of this country" and "besides, we need these people for our economy" – the usual script.

This was supplemented with special reports on poor Hispanics – heart-rending coverage of poor illegals "trying to make good in the new world" and "being denied by racist nativists."

Balance didn't play much of a role in those reports, which inundated TV, cable, radio and print.

Then there were the media and political attacks against conservative talk radio, as though using radio to discuss all sides of controversial issues and proposed laws, which would affect every single American today and in the future, is subversive.

The reaction to the Democrat push – aided and abetted by turncoat Republicans – surprised almost everyone, except the people – those who really understand what being an American is all about. They know what's at stake in this 21st century of terrorism with broad and real threats against, not only our freedom and our country but indeed, the future of western freedom and culture worldwide.

Bottom line? Keep rattling their cages, calling and writing. Make them enforce the laws on the books – now.

Never, ever give up.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=56686
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OMG I live about 3 miles from there, which is about 7 minute drive. I can attest to you folks, I have lived in Concord since 1983 but moved out in 2000, but live very close by. Let me tell you that 3 square mile corridor is called the Monument Boulevard. Back in the early 80’s, it was a nice clean area. No apartments were built yet, until the political bastards insisted that low income housing be built on that corridor. If I remember correctly, many citizens of the city were against it for the very reason they predicted.
    Well, now were in 2007. I had to look for an apartment back in 2000. However there was one area I refused to look and that is the Monument Corridor knowing its reputation.

It is true, there are apartment complexes one after the other, and has spread a little outside the corridor. There are gangs, and now even a murder here and there. You see alot of women mostly hispanics dragging their broods around. Also they had recently put a Day Labor Center, you believe that crap. Even a lady made a report to the cops because one of the day labor was eyeing her little daughter. Her home I believe was near the labor center. Was such a nice clean area, with no problems, Then the city started to build these mega apartment complex, and all hell broke lose. Costco is near that area, and the corridor looks like little Mexico now.

I am an American with Mexican ancestry. Let me tell you there is not enough money to force me to live among the illegals. I’m sorry if they are my “peopleâ€