Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PENCE: Pencescam: It’s Back!

Pencescam: It’s Back!

[James Fulford] @ 10:39 am

David Frum suggests that Mike Pence may have been the victim of the infamous Pence Plan, that he may have been “suckered” by someone in the Open Borders Lobby.

(This would be Helen Krieble, see VDARE.com’s reportage here.) If so, that would make him too naive to be an effective minority leader. But Mickey Kaus, on Slate.com, believes that Pence is not too idealistic to be minority party leader–he’s not idealistic enough. Meaning he’s genuinely dishonest and treacherous. Here’s what Mickey has to say:

Hmm. I rise to the defend Pence’s cynicism and guilefulness. On Laura Ingraham’s radio show, he gave the impression that he’d abandoned the Pence plan (which would reward illegal immigrants by letting employers arrange for them to become guest workers–the technical wrinkle being they’d have to leave the country briefly or perhaps just touch base at a border station). But in this Tuesday interview with Mary Katharine Ham it becomes clear Pence still backs the Pence Plan, and indeed intends to bring it up again if the opportunity arises.

As I told all of my colleagues, I stand by the legislation that Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson and I built, that we put border security first, and then create a guest worker program outside of the United States, only after completed border security measures. And applicants to that guest worker program would have to leave the United States of America to apply. We add into that strong employer enforcement sanctions. I believe then and I believe now that is a solution that could work and could be acceptable to many conservatives, me included. But I want to say again, that ship has sailed. That compromise will not be considered. We are going to get the McCain-Kennedy Bill. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs a math lesson. They have the math; they have control of the floor of the House and Senate now. I was heartened to hear Senator Jon Kyl expressed the willingness in the last twenty-four hours to use a filibuster in the Senate to stop an amnesty bill. I will look forward to being the power of the House minority effort to back that rhetorically and to use every weapon in our arsenal. The American people do not support amnesty and do not want to see Congress pass amnesty legislation. With that being said, I still believe the idea that we floated with a good one, and if we were in a different universe, I would still be advocating for it. [E.A.]

In other words, he’s been trying to con gullible conservatives into thinking he’s abandoned his con. Meta-fraud! By Frum’s lights, he’s the perfect minority leader. … P.S.: To hear Pence oleaginate on Ingraham’s show, click here. … 5:38 P.M.

So if Pence is either naive, (David Frum’s version) or sleazy, (Mickey Kaus’s version) he’s not going to make a good minority leader–and either way, the Pence Plan may be back.

http://blog.vdare.com/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    That doesn't mean anything. What he is saying is that he and most Americans oppose amnesty and that his previous bill is now a moot point. He is correct. Reading between the lines, he is saying that he was willing to make a compromise, but that compromise is no longer an option. That's good news, and we will need both Pence and Hutchison if we are to stave off the Kennedy/McCain amnesty.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    That doesn't mean anything. What he is saying is that he and most Americans oppose amnesty and that his previous bill is now a moot point. He is correct. Reading between the lines, he is saying that he was willing to make a compromise, but that compromise is no longer an option. That's good news, and we will need both Pence and Hutchison if we are to stave off the Kennedy/McCain amnesty.
    We need them but it will be a difficult road, especially with Kay BH.

They will both do what they have to do to further their careers.

We shall see.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    CrocketsGhost wrote:

Exactly, that is what I've been trying to say all along. However, the issue of Sen. Pence gaining the House minority leadership position is a mute point because he lost his bid to Sen. Boehner today!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

CG wrote:

Reading between the lines, he is saying that he was willing to make a compromise, but that compromise is no longer an option. That's good news, and we will need both Pence and Hutchison if we are to stave off the Kennedy/McCain amnesty.
    Nah, what I hear him saying is "I bet you like my amnesty plan now, eh suckers? Tell you what though suckers, since both Dems and Reps know how opposed American citizens are too any type of amnesty, and how determined some of us are to grant it, the dems just might be more receptive to my "no amnesty" amnesty plan now."

Once the camel gets it's nose under the tent legally (any form of amnesty) all enforcement bets will be off and the trajectory towards the NAU will begin in ernest.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    CG wrote:

Reading between the lines, he is saying that he was willing to make a compromise, but that compromise is no longer an option. That's good news, and we will need both Pence and Hutchison if we are to stave off the Kennedy/McCain amnesty.
    Nah, what I hear him saying is "I bet you like my amnesty plan now, eh suckers? Tell you what though suckers, since both Dems and Reps know how opposed American citizens are too any type of amnesty, and how determined some of us are to grant it, the dems just might be more receptive to my "no amnesty" amnesty plan."

Once the camel gets it's nose under the tent legally (any form of amnesty) all enforcement bets will be off and the trajectory towards the NAU will begin in ernest.
    Well, you can wallow in self-pity over the amnesty-loving Dems gaining control of Congress and continue with this pessimism until we lose this fight or else you can take these guys at face value and try to extract from them what you can. I choose the latter course. I have been politically active for almost my entire life, having been involved in my first campaign in sixth grade, and I have seen this sort of flip-flopping many times. A politician who does not share your view may sometimes do an about-face to become a valuable ally.

What Pence appears to me to be saying is that the reality is that we are going to have to band together to stave off amnesty. So long as that is his intent, he shoud have our support. If he wants to engage in "I told you so's" along the way, it doesn't affect me one way or another. My onlt goal now is obstructionism to try and make sure that the Dems have no better chance of passing their illegal-friendly plan than the Republican Senate did.

MW
    CrocketsGhost wrote:

What Pence appears to me to be saying is that the reality is that we are going to have to band together to stave off amnesty.
    That's my read too.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pence has a record of being a strong social and fiscal conservative right up to the point he (went insane?) and developed the amnesty lite. The next two years can't be a picnic for him to live through and it could be the end of a career in 08. We have to support him.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CG - Please do not assume I am "wallowing" simply because I don't happen to agree with you. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth.

A deep gut feeling tells me to be extremely wary of the ever-evasive Pence and, as unsophisticated as it may sound, I am going with my gut on this one. That said, I an delighted he has been passed over for Minority leader.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    CG - Please do not assume I am "wallowing" simply because I don't happen to agree with you. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth.

A deep gut feeling tells me to be extremely wary of the ever-evasive Pence and, as unsophisticated as it may sound, I am going with my gut on this one. That said, I an delighted he has been passed over for Minority leader.
    The "wallowing" part refers to a crippling inability to get anything constructive accomplished because of discontent over the personnel we have to work with. We can either continue to punish those who were not totally on board with us or else we can try to work with them in favor of those who are wholly against us.