Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Perry blames feds for border crisis while in SA

Posted: Mon 9:40 AM, Jul 21, 2014

SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS (WOAI) - Speaking to a group of Hispanic pastors, Governor Perry was the keynote speaker at The Church of Abundant Life on the South Side.

Over breakfast, the governor bragged about the Texas economy and then went into the border crisis.

"I saw how our country's refusal to commit the resources necessary to secure our border directly impacting those children," Perry told the crowd. "These children are hearing a message that says if you can get to the border with Texas - they're hearing that once you get here you can stay here indefinitely without penalty."

Across town, the Cesar Chavez Foundation held a smaller gathering.

"In my 45 years as an activist, as an international organizer, I've never seen so much hatred, bigotry, bitterness. It's sad. We are going back to the 60's. This is a civil rights movement - the modern civil rights movement," said Jaime Martinez of the Foundation.

Governor Perry blames the feds.

"That's why securing our border has never been so vital," said Perry. "I don't think it's ever been important or porous as it is. Federal resources along the border, they were already insufficient."

The Chavez Foundation wants the feds to do something.

"We are now focusing on a moratorium, nationally urging the president of the United States to have courage to stop the deportations now. Instead of welcoming humanitarian aid, this country represents life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, they are faced with this... anger," said Martinez.

Meanwhile, thousands are still crossing the border.

http://www.kgns.tv/home/headlines/Pe...267942831.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree with Perry, it has BEEN THE FEDS ever since November 6, 1986, but you know what, it is the citizenry that put those feds in charge!

In America we mess it up, then cannot find a solution to self-imposed problems. It gets messed up because we do not pause to meditate over the potential consequences of today's action before taking action!