Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pew Study: Nearly Half of Illegal Immigrants in the US are Parents

Pew Study: Nearly Half of Illegal Immigrants in the US are Parents

medicaldaily.com
    By Adam Daley
    December 22, 2011 Thursday - 02:55 pm EST

Demonstrators chant outside of the LA Federal Building during an Occupy ICE (Immigration Customs and Enforcement) protest march in Los Angeles December 15, 2011. (Danny Moloshok/Reuters)

Nearly half of adult immigrants in the U.S. illegally today are parents of minor children, according to new research by the Pew Hispanic Center.

Additionally, nearly two-thirds of the 10.2 million unauthorized adult immigrants in the United States have lived in this country for at least 10 years.

Both statistics have significant implications when considering plans put forth by Republican candidates jostling for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination.

In particular, Newt Gingrich has endorsed a plan to create a path for unauthorized immigrants to gain legal status if they have lived in the country for a long period of time, have children in the U.S., pay taxes and belong to a church.

"Because I think we are going to want to find some way to deal with the people who are here to distinguish between those who have no ties to the United States, and therefore you can deport them at minimum human cost, and those who, in fact, may have earned the right to become legal, but not citizens,” said Gingrich while in Iowa this past May.

His opponents have criticized the proposal as a form of amnesty that would encourage more immigrants to come to the U.S. illegally.

“You’ve got to get rid of the incentives. No amnesty. No forced benefits,” said Ron Paul, speaking at the 2008 Republican primary debate at St. Anselm College in New Hampshire. “It just won’t work if you try to see this in a vacuum. You have to deal with it as a whole, as an economic issue as well.”

Ex-Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney told Fox News in November he was against Gingrich’s plan.

"If he's going to do what I believe he said he was going to do for those people who would be allowed to stay permanently and become citizens, that would be providing for them a form of amnesty," Romney said.

“There's great interest on the part of some to talk about what we do with the 11 million. My interest is saying, let's make sure that we secure the border, and we don't do anything that talks about bringing in a new wave of those or attracting a new wave of people into the country illegally,” Romney added.

The Pew results are based on data from the U.S. Census Bureau’s March 2010 Current Population Survey, augmented with the Center’s analysis of the demographic characteristics of the unauthorized immigrant population using a “residual estimation methodology” that the Center has employed for many years.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/news/201...mnesty-pew.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thumbs up

well the Parents are not a citizen at all so they should not be in the USA .I kmow for fact they are not Citizen .
    you know we did not just get off the boat .
    do you see any American holding a sign in Mexico no so why in hell should we let them do this in Our Country

Im know for one is sick of all the B/// s & the gov or obama is not doing any thing about this .
    close both side of the border down .
    wake the hell up

"God that picture, is so telling isn't it?" Where were all the hands-outs when we were starting families? Hell I'd have a 12 man/woman roofing company by now!
    Of course my wife would've committed suicide long ago! "She was a damn good woman that one!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer View Post
    "God that picture, is so telling isn't it?" Where were all the hands-outs when we were starting families? Hell I'd have a 12 man/woman roofing company by now!
    Of course my wife would've committed suicide long ago! "She was a damn good woman that one!"
    Nice of you to speak so kindly of your wife. Hey guys out there! We women need more of that - just saying = ) But you said "was" Steve. I'm sorry for that if it means what I think. I've lost a spouse and a son.

There were NO handouts when I had my children. I went to yard sales for baby clothes and furniture. Heck, I even used cloth diapers for my first. I love the person who invented disposables! I scrimped and saved and only bought what I could afford. This entitlement, welfare generation we now live in has devasted lives rather than helped, and perpetuates itself to ever increasing woe.

Sorry you didn't get your 12 man/woman roofing company Steve Hell, I had a four kid wrecking crew!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Nearly half of adult immigrants in the U.S. illegally today are parents of minor children, according to new research by the Pew Hispanic Center.
    We have a subculture that has turned having children for profit into an industry.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Most of the hispanic women I used to work with had 3 kids and wanted more. We have to stop the anchor baby thing for sure. The other kids that arn't anchors, they can take back with them to where they belong instead of living off our tax dollars.

Banned
    We need to remove the anchor baby policy and that means all undocumented kids are therefore listed as foreign nationals and not US citizens. We need to make them leave and come back legally. First start with schools...stop issuing diplomas and credits to any student who cannot provide documentation that they are LEGAL citizens or have valid student visas. That includes college as well. Next stop all food stamps, welfare, and social services to undocumented persons. Politicians need to stop panderig and caving into the wishes of these illegals and LaRaza.