Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GREAT WORK, Greyparrot!!

6 Siblings plus himself means 7.

Gawd Awful!!

So, sounds like the half brother was in fact one of the "siblings" he brought over.

This crime sits SQUARE ON HIS SHOULDERS....he aided and abetted; he violated US Immigration Law repeatedly and repeatedly and repeatedly.

Thus, he is a REPEAT OFFENDER.

DEPORT HIM!! I'm sure he can take his wife and child with him. Mexico is a nice country. I'm sure she'll like it. He can "sous'chef" in the tourist areas of Mexico!! How does an illegal get a legal marriage in the United States? Maybe they were married after the judge gave him that highly suspect stay on deportation and granted him permanent residency? I didn't think you could get that if you had committed a crime? Wow....and all the questions just add up, don't they!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Some info for everyone on this case. . .

Bad information is very dangerous. A week ago everyone thought this man raped and beat a woman half to death. Now we know the information was wrong, and see how flawed our opinions were. Thus it's important to know what the situation REALLY is in this case.

FACTS:

Omar de la Rosa is legally in the U.S.

3/6/2000 he was issued permanant residency papers.

His wife is an American citizen.

His son is an American citizen.

He is legally employed, working over 60 hrs. a week to afford his home in Ambler.

One side of his family was born and raised in the U.S.

After his conviction in 1999 for asaulting a police officer, the officer he "assaulted" went out of his way to testify on his behalf, asking that he serve no jail time, nor get deported.

There are many horrors in this case, the greatest of which was the brutal rape of the woman, aparently by Omar's brother. And it may be true that if Omar never crossed over to our contry that wouldn't have happened.

However, he IS LEGALLY HERE NOW. Those are our laws, and he is a legal resident. By receiving his permant status (AFTER his conviction), our country looked at his situation and decided to accept him. (which I believe says a whole lot about what they thought of his conviction in the first place)

Judy: You ask why he would be given permanant staus after his conviction, and say it raises questions. This is true . ..
    Either there's a conspiracy by our government to grant residency to violent criminals, or perhaps they were so unconvinced of the validity of his conviction that they felt he deserved residency in spite of the conviction.

But no, I guess no one is ever wrongly convicted. And sure it's normal for an assaulted police officer to recommend the guy who assaulted him only get 3 months house arrest and probation.

If you're not qustioning the validity of the conviction, you have no right to call "foul" and question the validity of his 2000 deportation hearing.

Dash...so the individual was convicted of assaulting the police officer; given 3 months house arrest and probation. So, the immigration judge knew of the conviction because the policer officer testified at the hearing. Yet, the judge refused to approve the federal authorities request for deportation.

Dash....American Law required the individual be deported, even if he had not assaulted a police officer. What are the judges thinking? I don't understand it. The American People have US Immigration Laws. The deportation law is to remove the illegal alien from the United States and return that person to their home country. The law is not if you are here illegally, then you can stay. That is not our law, is it? That is the opposite of our law.

Immigration Judges don't decide how many immigrants can enter the US, do they? No. That decision is determined by the American People through their elected representatives. Each and every time an Immigration Judge allows an illegal alien to remain in the United States, they usurp the power of the American People to self-rule and determine such matters as who enters our country; who stays; for how long; and for what purpose.

The fact that there was an incident and a conviction really has no bearing but would have certainly been yet another reason for the Immigration Judge to approve the deportation. He was supposed to be deported for the simple reason that he was here illegally. Then you add to it the conviction and one can only wonder, "what is going on at these deportation hearings?" What was it that the Judge didn't understand? The law that says if you are here illegally, then you are to be deported. What is so hard about that? The only decision the Judge is supposed to make is whether or not they are here illegally to avoid any mistake during the process so that legal residents are not wrongfully deported.

I don't understand why a police officer would appear at a Deportation Hearing to ask that someone here illegally be allowed to remain in violation of US Immigration Law. Perhaps the police officer was summoned to appear to confirm that the person had successfully completed their probation. If that is the case, that is quite different that being a character witness for an Immigration Hearing. If the officer was summoned he was required to appear and tell the truth.

Then to express his gratitude to the American "process" he then undertakes the smuggling or aiding and abetting to bring 6 more illegal aliens into the United States one of whom is now suspected of raping, assaulting and attempting to murder a woman.

JohnnyBlaster...this is the exact scenario of why we have US Immigration Law that requires when illegal aliens are arrested, they are deported, so they don't continue to break the law, so they don't continue to bring in family and friends, so they don't aid and abet this illegal activity, so neither they nany of their family or friends they help come here do not damage our society or our people.

It seems to me, and while I am certainly no expert on US Immigration Deportation Hearings, that the facts confirm he was here illegally and should have been deported years ago. The facts seem to confirm that he did break several other laws along the way as well and as a result a woman has been injured for life.

Do you have any idea how many of these stories there are in America? Do you have any idea the economic damage; the physical damage; the emotional damage Americans are suffering as a result of this abandonment of the law? 10,000 people have been murdered by illegal aliens in just the state of California. That is more death from illegal immigration in just ONE STATE OF OUR FIFTY than occurred in 9/11; the Gulf War; the War in Afghanistan and the War in Iraq combined. JUST CALIFORNIA!!

Laws are made for a reason. US Immigration Law is valid; for good reason; to protect the life and livelihoods of the American People; to defend our national security and the political structure of our nation.

Our US Immigration Laws are fair; they are necessary; they are valid; and they need to be enforced. The United States has one of the most lenient legal immigration policies in the World. Over 1,000,000 immigrants can enter the US Legally every year. According to Border Patrol, which was reported on Fox News, over 4,000,000 enter illegally. That is a 400% increase in the number of immigrants allowed by the American People.

Our population is exceeding sustainable levels. Due to the growth in population in just the state of California, they are considering recycled water to accommodate this burgeoning population growth, caused almost exclusively by illegal immigration into that state.

There are human and survival and sustainable issues of a NATION OF PEOPLE that are at risk because of foreign nationals who spit on our immigration laws.

American are losing their jobs because of illegal immigration; Harvard University just completed a study that shows the American Worker has lost $200 Billion a year in deflated wages and salaries due to excessive immigration into the United States with $50 Billion of of this attributed to illegal immigration. Hospitals and schools are over-crowded; Medicaid Budgets are strapped; Americans have the highest personal credit and the lowest personal savings as a result. The nation and most of the states have the highest debts in their history.

Americans are uncomfortable; Americans are concerned; Americans are in jeopardy because of illegal immigration.

US Immigration Laws have to be enforced or the US will falter and fail. The US is already fully settled and fully populated. 1 American Child in 4 lives below the poverty line because there are not enough jobs; because there is not enough time and attention paid to Americans; because their labor and civil rights are being violated by the process of illegal immigration.

Deportation laws are not about the character or plight of the illegal alien, unless it falls into the asylum category. These laws must be enforced and the deportation executed if the individual is in the United States without invitation or papers. Otherwise, the very process that was designed to protect the United States becomes a process of demise of the the United States and the American People.

Why would any American support an illegal immigration process that harms both our Nation and its Citizens?

I don't understand that.

In fact it is extremely sad to me that we have Americans who have chosen to work in direct conflict with US Immigration Laws. For what purpose? To gain what? To achieve what at the end of the day? To fill one foreign mouth at the expense of an American Citizen?

I don't get it.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dash--WELCOME TO ALIPAC!! And thank you for sharing the additional information about this particular person.

Dash--one last question for clarification. Did the police officer testify at the deportation hearing or did I misunderstand your post. Please clarify that fact if you would please. It seems that he may have only testified at the trial on the conviction of the assault and perhaps it was a light altercation and the police officer recommended house arrest and probation as a result.

You seem very familiar with the deportation hearing. Can you provide some additional facts as to WHY the judge granted permanent status in lieu of the deportation when Omar was in the United States illegally?

Thanks.

Dash, one last question. What were the circumstances of the House Arrest? How does that work with an illegal alien?

Thanks.

I'm sorry Judy . .

Judy. . .

I'm sorry I left out a piece of information.

7/29/97 Omar received his green card. This was well before the deportation hearing.

There was no "request for deportation" by the federal authorities. It was a hearing to determine if he should be deported.

At the time of this hearing he was LEGALLY in the U.S.

Because of the conviction there was a hearing to see if he should be deported due to the offense. The officer volunteered to speak on his behalf to ask for leniency. This was prior to sentencing.

I know you have an issue with illegal aliens becoming legalized, and I respect your view. This case however, has nothing to do with that issue! Omar was legally in the US from 1997 on (including today)

If you feel anyone who is in the US who at anytime was illigal should be deported now, fine. But everything that has happened to this man after he received his green card has been transparent to the law.

Our country chose to give him a green card.
    After his assault conviction, they chose not to deport him nor give him jail time (he had a green card and was legally in the country)

It seems that most of your comments are based on the misinformation that at the time of the proceedings he was not legally in the country. Knowing now that he was, does that change your views?

Okay...let me get this straight because this is very different than what has been reported.

Did Omar enter the United States with a green card or secure one after he was here?

In your opinion, if he entered legally on a green card and then brought 6 aliens into the country illegally (the other siblings), should he be allowed to continue to have a green card and remain in the United States?

Pretend for the moment that you do not know the person. I understand the emotional issue of deportation for those who know or are acquainted with the individual.

Thanks.

Judy

Thank you for your respectful converstion . . . .

I BELIEVE he did not enter the US legally. Do I think this is wrong? Hard to answer. Do I believe it was right for the settlers to commit treason against England form their own country? Certainly if the revolution failed, this criminal act would be severly punished. But a good thing came out of that "illegal" act.

Honestly I don't think it's right. I don't think it should have happened. But since then he was pardoned by the government (shown by his receiving of the green card and thus "legalizing" him. From that point on he was legal.

As for his bringing 6 illegal aliens to the US, I don't think it's that simple. If his sibligs chose to follow him, I don't really think that means he "brought" them here. If he were in the business of smuggling illegal aliens into the country, than yes, he should be arrested. And yes, if the courts review what he'd done and choose to deport as well, I wouldn't object.

Honestly, I don't believe this news story even belongs on this site, the issue of his being or not being legal isn't even in question. The ruling was already made 3 times that he could stay, and the only reason it's come up again is because he was wrongfully accused of something he had nothing to do with.

But in summary. . . no, I don't aprove of illegal immigration. And if you say he never should have been allowed to get a green card in the first place, I may not disagree. I would have nothing to say if you thought his siblings should now be looked into as to THEIR legal status.

But I DO think it's ridiculous to deport this man after time and time again decisions have been made (legally) by the government that he should stay.

I can't speak for all of the other situations out there, but I can say that in this case, deportation would be a HUGE injustice.

Oh what a tangled web....(Todays 7/28 Philly Inquirer story posted below)

3/6/2000 he was issued permanant residency papers.

His wife is an American citizen.
    Ok I get it, his permanent residency papers papers were issued on the basis that he is married to a U.S. citizen.

You ask why he would be given permanant staus after his conviction, and say it raises questions. This is true . ..
    Either there's a conspiracy by our government to grant residency to violent criminals, or perhaps they were so unconvinced of the validity of his conviction that they felt he deserved residency in spite of the conviction.
    Naaa, I dont think it was a government conspiracy. It is more likely that Mr. De La Rosa was lucky enough to have a lawyer (his brother in law, Daniel Wienstock, for instance) work some questionable "magic" along the way.

Just an aside: There appears to be two versions of when Mr. De La Rosa actually arrived in the U.S. (yesterdays article claims 1988, todays article claims 1992).

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news ... 241655.htm

Posted on Thu, Jul. 28, 2005

Rape arrest described as 'nightmare'

By Ira Porter

Inquirer Staff Writer

One week after he turned himself in to police on their request for a rape he did not commit, Omar Lezama De La Rosa ate sandwiches, pizza and cookies with his family last night.

He hugged his wife, Emily, and their 16-month-old son, Antonio, answered a storm of media questions, including one in Spanish, and set up an interview with the New York Times later in the week.

Lezama De La Rosa, 33, a sous chef at Zesty's restaurant in Manayunk, was released from a federal facility in York, Pa., after his family gathered $20,000 for his bail.

"It has been like a nightmare," Lezama De La Rosa said of the whole ordeal. "It's terrible to be in a prison."

Sitting on a leather sofa in the basement of his brother-in-law's Lower Gwynedd home, the Mexican immigrant doted on his beaming son and wife in front of news cameras.

"When I saw my family, I was so happy. I wanted to tell them that I missed them so much," he said.

Lezama De La Rosa said he did not want to think about the fight he faces to keep his family together. That fight involves possible deportation back to Puebla, a city 60 miles southeast of Mexico City and thousands of miles from his home in Ambler.

His ordeal began July 19, the day Philadelphia police issued a warrant for him in the rape of a young woman in Chinatown and his face appeared in newspapers and on TV screens.

"My sister-in-law told me that I was on TV," he said. "I waited for the news, and then I went to the police station. I couldn't believe what was said."

Police initially thought that he brutally beat and raped a 24-year-old woman at the Chinatown subway station the day before. Several witnesses identified him as the attacker but apparently had him mixed up with his half brother, Cornelio, who remained in custody last night.

The District Attorney's Office is expected to officially drop all charges against Lezama De La Rosa today. Lezama De La Rosa did not talk about his half brother last night.

He was supposed to have been released from the city prison where he was initially held last Friday - after police determined he was innocent - but then immigration officials took over the case. They kept him on a detainer stemming from a 1999 conviction for aggravated assault on a police officer. He was given probation.

Daniel Weinstock, a lawyer who is Lezama De La Rosa's brother-in-law, said the aggravated-assault charge met federal requirements for immigration officials to flag him for deportation.

The whole thing is unfair, Weinstock said.

"There's nobody out there disagreeing," Weinstock said.

In fact, Weinstock said his brother-in-law has the support of U.S. Sens. Arlen Specter and Rick Santorum, City Councilman Juan Ramos, the Philadelphia Bar Association, and others who have signed a petition and written letters to immigration officials on his behalf.

"I really want to thank all of them for their support. The people who wrote letters are people who know me," Lezama De La Rosa said.

Lezama De La Rosa will be out on bail until his hearing, which could be a month away, Weinstock said.

In the meantime, Lezama De La Rosa, who has been in the country since 1992, said he wants to get back to Zesty's and get back in the kitchen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast