Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pittsburgh police nab six illegal workers at traffic stop

By Jill King Greenwood
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Six illegal immigrants from El Salvador and Honduras were arrested this morning after a traffic stop, police said.
    Pittsburgh police officers Tom Jacques and Ryan Carr of the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement team, passed a truck on the inbound Parkway West about 8 a.m., when they heard a loud noise coming from the vehicle.

"When they drove past it, they could hear all this noise from chains and lights that were hanging off the truck and dragging on the ground," said Sgt. Ray Rippole, who is in charge of the enforcement team.

The officers stopped the truck on Route 51 before the entrance to the Fort Pitt Tunnels, where they found "numerous safety and traffic violations," Rippole said.

story continues below

The men, who told Jacques they were subcontractors laying fiber optic cable for Verizon, had secured a trailer to the truck using only rope.
    "It looked like a huge shoestring from a tennis shoe hitching the trailer to the other vehicle," said Trooper Robin Mungo, a state police spokeswoman. "It was extremely unsafe."

One of the men in the truck called the owner of the vehicle while police investigated, said city police spokeswoman Diane Richard.

A second vehicle carrying other subcontractors arrived, and some of those men told police they, too, are in the country illegally, Rippole said.

Police cited the driver of the first vehicle for not properly securing the trailer, having an illegal license plate and not having a driver's license, police said.

Police called investigators with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, who took six of the eight workers into custody to verify their immigration status, Richard said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 10175.html

Illegals caught, what next

Now let's hope for the proper enforcement outcome to the capture of these illegals. And that is prosecution of their employer.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome to ALIPAC, zeezil.

The men, who told Jacques they were subcontractors laying fiber optic cable for Verizon
    Laying cable for verizon is a job Americans won't do - Right

Code:
    A second vehicle carrying other subcontractors arrived, and some of those men told police they, too, are in the country illegally, Rippole said.
    I think Verizon has federal contracts and I think they should be fined out the kazoo for this. I think they have a responsibility to insure that their subs are legal.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wasn't it Jeff Sessions and another Senator (Boxer) that got a bill passed prohibiting anyone on government contracts from hiring illegals?
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am contacting Verizon and giving them an earful I will be sure to let everyone I know hear about this