Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

Point of view from someone living the nighmare on border

Saturday, August 25, 2007
    Welcome to.........

Living on the edge of where? The edge of the U.S. I live on the U.S./Mexico border. Why, you ask? Good question. I am not so sure myself. I think I may have inadvertently landed on another planet? Wow! Would I choose to live here again? I think not. The crime rate is getting worse every day; there are illegal immigrants crawling out of every nook and cranny and I am stuck in the middle of the desert.

Speaking of illegal immigrants - here's a point of view from someone who actually lives the nightmare every day. Drop house raids, high speed vehicle pursuits and alien-smuggling vehicle rollovers litter the local newspaper, local radio and TV stations and the beauty shop gossip chains almost daily. There was a drop-house raid across the street from where I live a few months ago. The border patrol hauled 40 or so undocumented aliens out of that house at around 11:00 at night. Am I afraid of the illegals - no, not really. I think they are trying to get as far away from here as possible. I am more afraid of what they bring with them - drugs and gang violence. There are also thousands of pounds of marajuana and other assorted drugs are transported across the border every day. Many (yes, many) of the houses, SUV's and recreational vehicles owned by families with "poverty-level" income in this town are funded by drug and illegal alien smuggling money.

Welcome to the US/Mexico border! Anyone care to join us down here?

http://annie-edge.blogspot.com/2007/08/welcome-to.html

Welcome to the US/Mexico border! Anyone care to join us down here?
    No thank you. I left the U.S./Mexico border 6 months ago and went WAY north.

Good luck to you.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I'm already here, and am just waiting for my chance to make a break for it on outta here with the weather only being one reason.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)