Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police arrest 19 in Grand Rapids area in nationwide crackdown on illegal aliens

Police arrest 19 in Grand Rapids area in nationwide crackdown on illegal immigrants

Published: Monday, April 02, 2012, 12:33 PM Updated: Monday, April 02, 2012, 12:58 PM
    By John Agar | jagar@mlive.com

ProvidedImmigration officials in Detroit arrest suspect in national crackdown.

GRAND RAPIDS, MI – Nineteen suspects from the Grand Rapids area were arrested as part of a nationwide crackdown by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement targeting criminals living illegally in the U.S.

In all, more than 3,100 convicted criminals, immigration fugitives and immigration violators were arrested in operation "Cross Check," federal authorities said today.

“The results of this targeted enforcement operation underscore ICE's ongoing commitment and focus on the arrest and removal of convicted criminal aliens and those that game our nation's immigration system,” ICE Director John Morton said in a statement.

“Because of the tireless efforts and teamwork of ICE officers and agents in tracking down criminal aliens and fugitives, there are 3,168 fewer criminal aliens and egregious immigration law violators in our neighborhoods across the country.”

Sixty seven arrests were made in Michigan, including 21 in Detroit, and 19 in Grand Rapids. The rest occurred around the state. They were primarily men from Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Cuba, Iraq, El Salvador, Bosnia-Herzegovinia, Cuba, Ghana, the U.K., Haiti and Lebanon.

The six-day operation was the largest of its kind, with more than 1,900 ICE officers and agents joined by local, state and federal law-enforcement officers. Arrests were made in all 50 states.

ICE said 1,477 of those arrested have felony convictions for murder, manslaughter, attempted murder, kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, terror threats, drug trafficking, child abuse, battery on a child, sexual crimes against minors, and aggravated assault.

Of those arrested, 559 had illegally re-entered the country after previously being removed. At least 204 of those will have cases presented to federal prosecutors based on serious criminal histories and prior immigration arrest records.

Nearly 700 were immigration fugitives who were ordered to leave the country but did not.

ICE noted these arrests:

• Carlington David Richards, 34, of Jamaica, who was living in Federal Way, Wash. He is a "recent border entrant and an international fugitive from justice, wanted in Jamaica for murder."

• Jose Angel Duran-Ramos, 66, of Mexico, living in El Paso, Texas. He was sentenced to 18 years in prison after being convicted of murder in 1984, ICE said.

• Veasna Uy, 34, of Cambodia, living in Long Beach, Calif. He was an immigration fugitive convicted in 2000 of manslaughter, attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon, ICE said.

ICE said it targeted “serious criminal aliens who present the greatest risk to the security of our communities, such as those charged with or convicted of homicide, rape, robbery, kidnapping, major drug offenses and threats to national security.”

E-mail John Agar: jagar@mlive.com and follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/grpressagar

Police arrest 19 in Grand Rapids area in nationwide crackdown on illegal immigrants | MLive.com
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

Justice for American peoples

That are a first time some one agree with me,a Sherrif Joe Airpaio said a real true,but a lot of peoples not believe.When I was said Nobama is a illegals allien,alike a lot allien come to young,ignore we laws,and go to school,in that case became a lawyer and President,but nothing change,he are a illegals.He selling a weapon to a drug Cartel,and Not suprise if he support a Cartel Mexican drug too,also when i was said a lot of Dems are real criminal,not politician,but how a Inmigration services can't stop allien come to US,illegal when and after time became a honest Citizen?a especial interest in protect and defend a illegals is because he is illegal too.Only way he doing that is because a real criminals Dems is support him,is a complot for destroy US.We must a figth again a real enemy we have inside of US,all criminal Dems-demon and liberals,ban Dems on any politic office run,alike Biden,he is not US Citizen too,and if have a birth certification,take out atrrest and send to Mexico.Another when I was said not 11 million is much much more may be said 40 million many is was mock on my faceand if I said now Mexican gov,have a plot with Nobama and control US and all American,I am crazy?We must take Nobama out of White House before will be too late,see a case in Cleveland OHIO,where a most powerfull Dems Dimora was in control,what now?he is in jail,justice was serve,and I predict to Nobama some thing will be happenig to him and Biden.Told mr crazy,I don't care,I talk Spanish perfect,and I suppose be Latino,but I denied,my blood is full Ukranian,only latino for place,and I understand very very well a Latino mentality.Peoples vote again all Dems and Nobama,we can doing a serve justice.

Published: Monday, April 02, 2012, 12:33 PM Updated: Monday, April 02, 2012, 12:58 PM
    By John Agar | jagar@mlive.com

ProvidedImmigration officials in Detroit arrest suspect in national crackdown.

GRAND RAPIDS, MI – Nineteen suspects from the Grand Rapids area were arrested as part of a nationwide crackdown by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement targeting criminals living illegally in the U.S.

In all, more than 3,100 convicted criminals, immigration fugitives and immigration violators were arrested in operation "Cross Check," federal authorities said today.

“The results of this targeted enforcement operation underscore ICE's ongoing commitment and focus on the arrest and removal of convicted criminal aliens and those that game our nation's immigration system,” ICE Director John Morton said in a statement.

“Because of the tireless efforts and teamwork of ICE officers and agents in tracking down criminal aliens and fugitives, there are 3,168 fewer criminal aliens and egregious immigration law violators in our neighborhoods across the country.”

Sixty seven arrests were made in Michigan, including 21 in Detroit, and 19 in Grand Rapids. The rest occurred around the state. They were primarily men from Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Cuba, Iraq, El Salvador, Bosnia-Herzegovinia, Cuba, Ghana, the U.K., Haiti and Lebanon.

The six-day operation was the largest of its kind, with more than 1,900 ICE officers and agents joined by local, state and federal law-enforcement officers. Arrests were made in all 50 states.

ICE said 1,477 of those arrested have felony convictions for murder, manslaughter, attempted murder, kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, terror threats, drug trafficking, child abuse, battery on a child, sexual crimes against minors, and aggravated assault.

Of those arrested, 559 had illegally re-entered the country after previously being removed. At least 204 of those will have cases presented to federal prosecutors based on serious criminal histories and prior immigration arrest records.

Nearly 700 were immigration fugitives who were ordered to leave the country but did not.

ICE noted these arrests:

• Carlington David Richards, 34, of Jamaica, who was living in Federal Way, Wash. He is a "recent border entrant and an international fugitive from justice, wanted in Jamaica for murder."

• Jose Angel Duran-Ramos, 66, of Mexico, living in El Paso, Texas. He was sentenced to 18 years in prison after being convicted of murder in 1984, ICE said.

• Veasna Uy, 34, of Cambodia, living in Long Beach, Calif. He was an immigration fugitive convicted in 2000 of manslaughter, attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon, ICE said.

ICE said it targeted “serious criminal aliens who present the greatest risk to the security of our communities, such as those charged with or convicted of homicide, rape, robbery, kidnapping, major drug offenses and threats to national security.”

E-mail John Agar: jagar@mlive.com and follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/grpressagar

Police arrest 19 in Grand Rapids area in nationwide crackdown on illegal immigrants | MLive.com[/QUOTE]