Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police Chief & Mayor talk about deporting illegals

If it wasn't so far I would volunteer to work for this PD as a reserve and show this "chief" some old ways to deal with problems(within the law of course).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wasn't the van that wrecked last weekend killing two IAs from Four Oaks?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

News Home / News

Published: Aug 25, 2006 08:00 AM
    Modified: Sep 12, 2006 05:11 PM

Neighbors losing sleep

This house at 209 Baker St. is the subject of complaints.
    Herald photo by Michael McLoone
    Story Tools Printer Friendly Email to a Friend
    Enlarge Font Decrease Font
    [an error occurred while processing this directive]

Ad Links Buy a link »

By Jordan Cooke, Staff Reporter
    Four Oaks -- Will Blackmon is hopping mad.
    For more than a year now, the Ford Street resident says, noisy Hispanic neighbors have been a nuisance in his neighborhood. He said the people renting the house at 209 S. Baker St. often blast music from cars parked outside their home late at night, fraying the nerves of sleepy homeowners trying to catch some shuteye.

"It's boom, boom, boom, 24-7," Blackmon said. "It's been a constant hazard for some time now."

Police Chief Danny Toppings said complaints about noise at the house had been pouring in for more than a year. Toppings said he and his officers had been to the house numerous times to tell the occupants to tone it down.

Police have even cited the residents several times for violating the town's noise ordinance, which prohibits loud music and other loud sounds between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. Each violation carries a fine of $50.
    This is a universal complaint. The apt. complex where I lived was like living in a circus. I called security at least 2-3 times a week on the people above me. They would turn it down for about 5 minutes and right back up again. I thought I would lose my mind. This was on top of the constant noise outside. It's hard to "pursue" happiness when you are surrounded with arrogant disrespectful people, who care less.

after the 1st or if the cops are realllly nice 2nd written citation. If there continues to be a city/county ordnance state law violation ie: loud noise an arrest of the person in charge or renting at the time of the violation should be made and said subject taken before a magistrate. Where bond is set. continue this application with all following violation and mix well.
    Any vehicle(s) leaving the residence will probable exhibit some type of violation, ie: no tail light, no license plate light, fail to stop at stop sign, or many many more violations which would allow PC (probable cause) for a traffic stop. Once stopped and license checked well this could lead to several different end results.

Allow this receipt to simmer for a couple of weeks by each shift.