Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Police Chiefs to Obama: We Need Immigration Help

Police Chiefs to Obama: We Need Immigration Help

Thursday, July 2, 2009 8:39 AM

MIAMI – US police chiefs on Wednesday called on President Barack Obama to pass comprehensive immigration reform as a crucial move to improve security.

Police leaders convening in Miami, Florida urged the White House to pass immigration reform and pressed for their voices to be heard in the debate.

"It is crucial that the law enforcement perspective be considered in any debate on immigration," said Miami police chief John Timoney.

"Immigrant victims and witnesses of violent crimes will not come forward if they fear their local police will deport them.

"This affects everyone as it hampers law enforcement efforts to thwart criminal activity in our neighborhoods," he said.

In late June Obama opened the debate on immigration reform, saying he wants to "recognize and legalize" undocumented immigrants in the United States.

He announced that Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano would join congressional leaders to form a working group on immigration reform which would work on proposals to "secure our borders" and offer the millions of undocumented immigrants in the United States a chance to obtain legal status.

Art Acevedo, the police chief of Austin, Texas, and the head of the National Latino Peace Officers Association said reforming the system would lead to better police enforcement.

"One of the greatest challenges facing American law enforcement is a community of 12 million potential victims and witnesses of crime who live in the shadows of fear and are hesitant to cooperate with law enforcement," he said.

"Comprehensive immigration reform will lead to enhanced safety and security for everyone."

http://www.newsmax.com/us/police_obama_ ... ode=82A8-1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

US police chiefs on Wednesday called on President Barack Obama to pass comprehensive immigration reform as a crucial move to improve security.
    I wish someone would explain to me just how CIR will improve security?? This is something my small brain just can not firgure out the connection.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    Janet is going to be there? We might just as well pack up and invade Mexico the way they have invaded us. Janet wouldn't protect us if it was the last thing she did. She's a blowhard just pounding her chest.

As for protecting the illegals so they testify against law breakers. What a crock of garbage. These people harbor each other to keep the law from finding any of them. They don't feel good unless they are in a gang. Be it illegal harboring each other, drug dealers or just the gangs. The number that would come forward to actually turn in one of their own is so small it's just plain stupid to believe this actually happens with a frequency so high we should even consider it.

Another excuse to leave them alone.

Perhaps these police chiefs would like to talk about protecting American citizens. You know, the ones that hired them and pay their salaries.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So legalizing them is suddenly going to transform them into law abiding citizens?

Also, this gem:

Immigrant victims and witnesses of violent crimes will not come forward if they fear their local police will deport them.
    Does anyone else ever wonder why it is that illegal invaders always seem to be the witnesses to an exorbitant amount of crime? What other conclusion should I assume when this argument is presented time and again as to why we need to legalize some 20 million persons who entered this country in violation of immigration law ( also a crime).

Have the US "police chiefs" ever stopped to consider that perhaps if we arrested and deported those who here illegally, there might just be fewer crimes to "witness? "

Of course they haven't! It wouldn't be politically correct to consider that possibility....

Acevedo--

Acevedo--He is either incredibly stupid or a champion of amnesty.

The simple logic is--if the illegals were not here, the predators would not be here either. Worse, the predators see that the Americans, by and large, have more of life's goods than the illegal aliens and spread out. They move their crime and their criminals to the other cities and towns in America and kill, rob, steal and rape their way through our society as idiots like Acevedo promote more police- and use the expression I hate the most, "out of the shadows" in a twist of logic that defies reason.

Acevedo is an Hispanic name. Is there a society of Irish police chiefs?? Italian?? German?? I honestly do not know. I do know this, we are losing our country to invaders, mostly of Hispanic ethnicity and they get their support from Americans of Hispanic origin. Check out the Hispanic caucus of representatives. Notice how many of them are for amnesty.

We are being made second class citizens in our own country. Our children and grandchildren are paying the price of our apathy and the insidious Fifth Column of Hispanic leaders whose goal is to take over our country.

I am an old man, but I do not expect to die quietly in my bed. I believe that America will wake up--too late--but they will wake up. The current recession is opening eyes that were shut through complacency. There will be blood in the street and it will be justified,. There was blood when we repelled the British soldiers and mercenary troops of King George.
    The blood is and has been spilled already--except it is ours. MS13, the Mexican drug cartel--they have been inflicting serious harm on America for over 30 years now. It has gotten progressively worse. The children of the illegals who got their citizenship via the misreading of the 14th amendment are pro ilegal immigration. They permeate our government and our police. They are not American, they are Latino-American or Hispanic-American and, just as their ethnicity leads their self description, so too does their loyalty lie. I repeat, they are not AMERICANS, they are HISPANIC-Americans. I am of French-Italian heritage, but first, foremost and always, I am an American. I have lived and American, I have fought for my country as an American and , God willing I will die a peaceful American. We must enforce E-Verify. We must practice Attrition Through Enforcement. Any person who puts his or her ethnicity before America must be removed from public service. That is it, plain and simple.

God help us when Sotomayor is seated.

Art Acevedo, the police chief of Austin, Texas, and the head of the National Latino Peace Officers Association said reforming the system would lead to better police enforcement.

"One of the greatest challenges facing American law enforcement is a community of 12 million potential victims and witnesses of crime who live in the shadows of fear and are hesitant to cooperate with law enforcement," he said.

"Comprehensive immigration reform will lead to enhanced safety and security for everyone."
    ==========================

EARTH TO ART----- austin is a sanctuary city to begin with. you dont do a damn thing in your own town to stop these idiots from living there.

MW
    Amnesty will only induce more illegals to come. Looking at things from what I assume is a law enforcement perspective, amnesty is only a temporary fix. Once amnesty is granted, another wave of illegals will eventually replace the 20+ million that were legalized. That's assuming we come out of this economical slump and continue to prosper. If we don't, we've just added 20+ million more folks to the welfare rolls. Actually, many of them will probably end up on welfare regardless of the economies direction. Plus, I suspect the financially challenged are more apt to commit crimes to survive and provide for their family.

Amnesty is not a 'comprehensive' fix. It may be a short term fix for local law enforcement (benefit of the doubt), but it's not a fix to the many other problems created by illegal aliens.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    It's one of the reasons the crime in Modesto is up. They estimate about 50% of the illegals are out of work. And committing crimes to make up the difference.

My first thought is that these police officers need to put in jail for the protection of the rest of us.

They have clearly been aiding and abetting the illegal invaders for decades.

Now they want amnesty for them?

Shame on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast