Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police: Counterfeit Items Seized From Hanes Mall

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Authorities said three people are in trouble after counterfeit items were seized from businesses at Hanes Mall.

The items seized were valued at more than $52,400.

The Winston-Salem Police Department said it conducted the investigation at three mall businesses.

Counterfeit handbags and jewelry were seized from a Crystal Delites kiosk. Those items, with such names as Prada, Gucci, Coach and Channel, were valued at $47,850.

Nine counterfeit trademarked belt buckles were located and seized from Just Casual, police said. The items were valued at $225.

At another kiosk (U-Name-It), 45 counterfeit manufactured trademarked license plates were seized, according to officials. Also seized from the business was a manufacturing engraving system valued at $10,200.

Neeket Rajendra Vadgama, 32, was cited for misdemeanor possession with intent to sell and deliver counterfeit merchandise, police said.

Sumei Ding, 42, was charged with felony possession with intent to sell and deliver counterfeit goods.

Tanza Sultana Mahbuba, 24, was charged with felony producing a counterfeit mark and possessing a device with intent to produce a counterfeit mark, according to a statement from officials.

WXII 12's Nicole Jacobs talked with vendors and shoppers -- use the video link above to watch her report.
    http://www.wxii12.com/news/10505696/det ... s&psp=news
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They catch people selling this at the Opa Locka flee market and the Swap Shop all the time. This stuff has also been seized at the Port of Miami. It is usually the Asians involved in this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In a lot of cases the company in Asia has 2 production lines. One for the
    legit goods and one for the gray market. Usually at different locations.
    want to buy a RULOX watch LOL

You are right on. I have seen some of those as well.

A couple of weeks ago the Broward County Sheriff's Office caught a vendor at the Swap Shop selling copies of Nikes. There were various sizes and styles and the quantity they had was unbelievable. Most cases in South Florida are copies of the real items and not the gray area. I saw more gray area items in the Toronto area.
    Illegals buy a lot of the knock off items. My daughter would tell me how the illegals had Louis Vuitton or Coach purses, Dior or Chanel sunglasses, Puma or Nike sneakers, etc. I told her that most of it is fake stuff.