Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police and Feds Bust Illegal Immigrant Safe House

http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=8865

"We're still in the early stages of who's a suspect and who's a victim," said Chattanooga Police Lt. Tim Carroll, "but they're all illegal aliens."

A kidnapping investigation which began in illinois leads Chattanooga Police and federal agents to a safe house on the east side of the Scenic City.

"They tracked suspects and victim to Marion County, Tennessee, yesterday," explained Lt. Carroll. "Well, today they tracked them to 1901 South Beech."

Inside, 10 to 12 illegals from Mexico and Guatemala. Carroll says people in the states employ "coyotes" to smuggle relatives across the border. but when they arrive, the price goes up. "They're extorting extra money," he said, "and when they don't get the money, they drive off with them until they get the money."

"This is a smaller part of a large operation," he added. "They're paying 25-hundred to 5-thousand dollars to smuggle loved ones in from Mexico and transport them all over the United States."

The investigation continues, aided by records found in the Beech Street house. An almost 30-page ledger found inside lists names and amounts paid and leads from Bensville, Illinois, through Chattanooga, on to Memphis and Arkansas with the home base being Mesa, Arizona.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents take custody of the men found on Thursday evening. "They're gonna be transported to Silverdale," said Lt. Carroll, "and probably deported back to their country of origin."

Reported by Greg Glover
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

HELP ME PLEASE IN TENNESSEE!

I live in Salt Lake City. I have a safe house next door. Please come to Utah and do the same thing.

Paige
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Paige, please check your private messages. I sent you one.
    "We have a sacred, noble obligation in this country to defend the rule
    of law. Without rule of law, without democracy, without rule of law being
    applied without fear or favor, there is no freedom."

Senator Chuck Schumer 6/11/2007
    <s