POLITICIANS SEDUCING VOTERS TO ACHIEVE THEIR DESIRED GOALS

by Michael Cutler

As many of you know, I have had the privilege of appearing numerous times on Lou Dobbs Tonight for a segment he refers to as "Broken Borders." His was one of the first major news programs to invite me on to discuss immigration. He has also dealt with the flip side of the importation of cheap labor by reporting on the ever increasing practice of major corporations to export jobs on the segment he refers to as "Exporting America." Both of these practices, the hiring of illegal aliens and aliens who are permitted to work in the United States on temporary work visas as well as the practice of exporting jobs and often entire factories are being done for one purpose, to slash labor costs and to avoid having to deal with such pesky work environment issues as required by OSHA, the EPA and the Labor Department.
When Americans, the greatest consumer nation on the face of this planet, head to the nearest shopping mall to buy all sorts of "stuff" we are attracted by the shiny packaging and eagerly spend our dwindling capital on toys, games, clothing and such without giving much thought to how and where the products were manufactured and by whom. Most Americans seldom think about the working conditions under which the items that fill our shopping carts were manufactured.

President Bush has been repeatedly stating that illegal aliens do the work that Americans won't do, without noting that many Americans are unable to do the manufacturing jobs because those jobs have left our country. The jobs that remain in our country are often being done by illegal aliens whose work environments in their home countries are not much different from what is depicted in the photos in the New York Times article . Please take a moment and look at the caption of the first article. Those men standing in absolute filth dumping filthy water into the street are standing in front of their dormitory! Could you possibly imagine walking down that street, let alone sleeping in that hovel? These are the working conditions that illegal aliens have to contend with in their home countries!

Is this the sort of conditions that you would want to see animals living in? How about your children? Those men live in that environment! Consider the working conditions of those workers in China and elsewhere who are paid meager wages and are often swindled out of those miniscule wages! Consider the nonexistent safety measures. These are the workers and working conditions that American workers are competing with today!

The employment of illegal aliens by unscrupulous employers has, in effect, rolled back so many of the hard-won gains made by organized labor in the last century. The architects of the American labor movement must be rolling in their graves!

Although I have quoted him before I believe it is appropriate to recall the words of Homer Hickam whose life story was memorialized in a movie, "October Sky". He grew up in a coal mining town in the 1950's in West Virginia. His dad was a coal miner and while it was believed that the only way out of working in the coal mines where his dad and his buddies toiled was to get a football scholarship, and Homer knew he lacked the athletic ability to go that route. Instead, the launching of Sputnik in 1957 ignited his imagination and he built model rockets with some of his friends. Ultimately he wins a scholarship by participating in a science fair. We find out he subsequently got an engineering degree and worked on the space shuttle for NASA.

As an eloquent writer and the son of a coal miner, he was invited to deliver a eulogy during the memorial services held about two years ago in the wake of the coal mine disaster at the Sago Mines that took the lives of 13 miners. Homer's quote is one I listened to on television and made an indelible impression on me. He said, "There is no water holier than the sweat off a man's brow!" Take a moment to contrast Mr. Hickam's reverence for hard working Americans with the flippant attitude and contempt demonstrated by President Bush and the politicians who echo his words about the work Americans won't do. Americans, I would submit, will do any job no matter how back breaking, no matter how dangerous, no matter how filthy, as long as they can support themselves and their families when they draw their paychecks! [A good example are the brave men who lost their lives in the coal mines!]

The journalists often refer to the immigration issue as an issue of concern only to political Conservatives. I would most certainly beg to differ with that assessment! As a Democrat I am pro-labor. My dad, who passed away while I was a college student, was a construction worker. He was a journeyman plumber. Most of his friends were tradesmen. They were bricklayers, carpenters, electricians. ironworkers, roofers, etc. They worked hard and were only paid for the actual hours they worked. If it rained and there was no roof on the building they were building and had to leave work early, most of them were only paid for the hours of the day they worked before the rain stopped the job. My dad and his buddies helped to build this nation. And now the politicians who play at pretending to want to represent the "average" American generally refuse to stop the flow of jobs out of our country which also weakens our economy and threatens our security.

Most of the politicians, with a few notable exceptions, refuse to really secure our nation's borders to protect what's left of the jobs for the average American whose votes they are now courting. Most of the candidates for the Presidency remind me of the college student whose goal is to seduce that cute girl sitting next to him in class, willing to tell her anything to get what he wants. Of course the morning after the night before all of his words will have evaporated and the young lady may be lucky if she gets a ride home!

The politicians are attempting to seduce the American voters so that they can achieve their political goals. The question is, what will they do the morning after they "score" and win the elected office they ran so hard to win?

I would love to hear the next President of the United States demonstrate the moral fiber and respect for the "average" American by standing up and making the following speech:

"We are all familiar with the expression, Freedom is not free! We generally think of that statement as applying to the incredible sacrifices of the men and women in the armed services who go in harm's way to protect our nation. They selflessly often return home grievously injured physically, mentally or both. Many don't return home alive at all. We also may apply that statement to the men and women who put their lives on the line when they go to work each day as law enforcement officers or firefighters, protecting our citizens within our nation's borders. They too often pay a heavy price for their valor and commitment to our nation. But there is another way of thinking about the statement, Freedom is not free.

If you own a business or if you are an executive of a corporation, I would ask that you do everything in your power to make certain that you do everything in your power to not hire illegal aliens. You may have to pay a bit more money in order to hire United States citizens and aliens who are lawfully entitled to work in the United States, but in accepting a bit less in the way of profit, you will be expanding the number of Americans who will share in the American dream. By not hiring illegal aliens, you will help to take pressure off our nation's borders by discouraging the massive illegal immigration that has inundated our nation. This is not only what the law requires, but it is what good Americans should do for the common good of our nation and our fellow citizens."

We the People must make our desires known to the candidates who promise that they want to truly represent us. That is what the Founding Father's had in mind. It will require some effort on our part, but after you consider the sacrifices of all of the soldiers who have fought to defend our nation since its inception, it is the least we can do! It is also the least we can do to help protect the future of this great nation and, in so doing, help to protect the futures of our children and their children.

There is no way that our citizens can compete with the workers in the the New York Times photos for a paycheck!

© 2008 - Michael Cutler - All Rights Reserved

Michael W. Cutler graduated from Brooklyn College of the City University of New York in 1971 with a B.A. in Communications Arts and Sciences. Mr. Cutler began working for the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) in October 1971 when he entered on duty as an Immigration Inspector assigned to John F. Kennedy International Airport. From 1973 until 1974 He was assigned as an examiner to the unit which was responsible for adjudicating petitions filed by United States Citizens and Lawfully Admitted Permanent Resident Aliens (LPRs) on behalf of their alien spouses to accord them LPR status. His goal in this assignment was to attempt to uncover fraud marriages and fraud marriage rings.

In August 1975 he became a Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) for the INS at NYC. He rotated through virtually every squad in the Investigations Branch. From 1988 until 1991 he was assigned as the INS representative to the Unified Intelligence Division (UID) of the DEA in New York. In 1991 he was promoted to the position of Senior Special Agent and was assigned to the Organized Crime, Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) which required that he work with members of other law enforcement agencies including the FBI, DEA, ATF, U.S.Customs and local and state police as well as law enforcement organizations of other countries including Israel, Canada, Great Britain and Japan, to conduct investigations of aliens involved in major drug trafficking organizations which ultimately resulted in the seizure of their assets as well as their arrest and successful prosecutions for a wide variety of criminal violations.

Finally, Mr. Cutler has appeared on numerous television and radio programs including the O'Reilly Radio Factor, O'Reilly's No Spin Zone, Fox News and the Lou Dobbs Tonight Program on CNN to discuss the enforcement of immigration laws and has participated in various public debates and panel discussions on issues involving the enforcement and administration of immigration laws.

E-Mail: mcutler007@aol.

http://www.borderfirereport.net

This ALIPAC member has posted this entity be it editorial opinion, news article, column, or web creation as information for the General Population (public) only. It is not intended as an endorsement for this candidate by this poster. Its use here has not been anticipated to be used as, or used to discredit any candidate mentioned herewith.