Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Poll: Bank of America is encouraging illegal immigration

http://jacksonville.bizjournals.com/jac ... ily27.html

Poll: Bank of America is encouraging illegal immigration
    Jacksonville Business Journal - 1:11 PM EST Thursday, February 22, 2007
    There is no doubt how Business Journal readers feel about Bank of America Corp. offering credit cards to illegal immigrants.

In an online survey, 81 percent of 457 respondents think Bank of America is encouraging illegal immigration and should stop. Only 19 percent think the bank should be able to pursue any customers it wants within the law.

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier this month that BofA was offering credit cards in Los Angeles to people without a Social Security number or a credit history, as long as they had held a checking account with the bank for three months with no overdrafts. The bank plans to expand the program nationwide later this year.

Readers opposed to the plan think BofA should end it even though it's legal.

"Who in America doesn't have a Social Security number?" asked one reader. "Illegal immigrants. Obviously, Bank of America doesn't care that it's helping these lawbreakers. Shame on them."

The minority that supported BofA think the company should be able to pursue customers as long as it's within the law.

"As long as the credit offered is the bank's money and if the defaults are absorbed by the bank, then I say no problem," wrote one of the few supporters of BofA. "Immigrants play a needed role in our society."

The opposition to BofA's plan came with a fair amount of anger. Many readers said they will no longer do business with the company.

"I personally have more than $300,000 in various BofA accounts and I can promise you that I will be moving all of it if BofA pursues this course," wrote one. "My $300,000 may not be much in the grand scheme of things, but I'll wager that there are a lot of us who feel the same way."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I personally have more than $300,000 in various BofA accounts and I can promise you that I will be moving all of it if BofA pursues this course," wrote one. "My $300,000 may not be much in the grand scheme of things, but I'll wager that there are a lot of us who feel the same way."
    How many illegal aliens with BoA need to snag to make up for this $300000 loss of business.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)