Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Poll: Support for Arizona Immigration Law Hits 57 Percent

Actually 74% support Arizona Public support for Arizona's controversial new immigration law has increased slightly, a new CBS News poll shows, with 57 percent of Americans characterizing the law as "about right" in the way it addresses the issue of illegal immigration.

Support for the measure increased five points since May. Since then, the Justice Department has filed suit against the law, claiming that it usurps federal authority to enforce immigration laws.

The measure in question, signed into law in April and slated to go into effect later this month, makes it a state crime for a person to be in the country illegally. It also requires local law enforcement to question a person about his or her immigration status during all "lawful stops" if there is "reasonable suspicion" that person may be in the country illegally.

Twenty-three percent of Americans think the law goes too far, according to the poll, conducted July 9 - 12. That's down five points from the 28 percent who said in May that the measure goes too far. Another 17 percent said it doesn't go far enough.

About half of Americans - 52 percent -- say states should be able to enact laws regarding illegal immigrants, while 42 percent think only the federal government should able to do so.

There is a sharp partisan divide on this question: most Democrats (58 percent) say laws covering illegal immigration should be the responsibility of the federal government only, while Republicans (64 percent) and independents (58 percent) think the states should be allowed to pass such laws.

Half of Americans think illegal immigrants take jobs that Americans don't want, while fewer - 42 percent -- say they take jobs away from Americans. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html

I saw the title of this post saying 57% and I wondered why it would be so low, then I saw it was a CBS poll which is about as bad as Gallup.

No CBS, those of us that monitor these polls know that the support for AZ's law is much higher than 57%.

Your fictitious poll is an expensive lie.

The support levels for AZ's law are increasing, but they were solidly pegged at 60-81% months ago.

You clowns at CBS have a lot of nerve and we are on to you and we are warning others about you and Gallup.

People need to listen to Zogby and Rasmussen polls if they want accuracy.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

No CBS, those of us that monitor these polls know that the support for AZ's law is much higher than 57%.

W
    =======================================

This liberal media poll has been up over a month, and reflects what the real deal on the streets of America is.

Amazing.

H2

http://world-news.newsvine.com/_questio ... mmigration

Do you support Arizona's tough new law on illegal immigration?

In July, Arizona will begin enforcing a new law that requires law enforcement officers to check someone’s immigration status if they have reason to suspect that he or she is in the country illegally. Do you think this is a good idea?
    Question on mexico

* Yes
    * No

96%
    Yes
    3,441,079 votes
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hmm, you know, they are not considering the 'Doesn't go far enough' group. I assume that they are siding with the AZ law as well but think that it can do more.

That would make the actual number 74%

Thoughts?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowVixenPatriot
    Hmm, you know, they are not considering the 'Doesn't go far enough' group. I assume that they are siding with the AZ law as well but think that it can do more.

That would make the actual number 74%

Thoughts?
    Actually 74% support Arizona Correct

People need to listen to Zogby and Rasmussen polls if they want accuracy

I actually got a Rasmussen poll phone call tonight
    My first
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    People need to listen to Zogby and Rasmussen polls if they want accuracy

I actually got a Rasmussen poll phone call tonight
    My first
    Very cool!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn