Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Pope decries rise of racism in some countries, calls for tol

Pope decries rise of racism in some countries, calls for tolerancePublished Sunday August 17th, 2008

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    GANDOLFO, Italy - Pope Benedict on Sunday decried the rise of racism in some countries and urged Christians to help society combat intolerance toward foreigners.

Enlarge Photo THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Pier Paolo CitoPope Benedict XVI delivers his blessing during the Angelus prayer from his summer residence of Castel Gandolfo, on the outskirts of Rome. "One of humanity's greatest conquests has been, precisely, the overcoming of racism," Benedict told pilgrims and tourists at his summer residence in Castel Gandolfo, near Rome.

"Unfortunately, however, in several countries new, worrisome displays" of racism are manifesting themselves, the pontiff said.

Benedict said that while racism is "often tied to social and economic problems," those factors "can never justify contempt or racial discrimination."

The Pope didn't cite any country by name. Instead, he urged Christians to help society "overcome any temptation to resort to racism, intolerance and exclusion" toward foreigners.

Some Italian church figures have added their voices to a debate over the current crackdown by Italy's conservative government on crime by foreigners. Polls in Italy indicate that many Italians blame crime on immigrants.

Many have criticized the decision by Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's government to fingerprint the Roma, or Gypsies, including children, as part of the crackdown on illegal residents. The government has defended that measure, saying it will help children of Roma to attend school.

http://www.canadaeast.com/rss/article/387687
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Geez, now the Pope's calling us racist too. He may not have identified us by country but I'm certain we're on his list.

I guess it never dawned on the Vatican's that their position on birth control is one of the contributing factors behind some of the illegal immigration problems that more developed nations are currently experiencing.

Out of control population growth in less developed countries is wrecking havoc on the natural order of things! Heck, even many species in the animal kingdom know enough to reduce population growth when the environment won't support their numbers.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have an idea: maybe the vatican can squeeze a few more thousand poor immigrants into their precious villa,that would go a long ways in seeing that the millions of poor get well fed and can do the jobs that the pontiff wont do

And don't forget their free bi-lingual educations,free health care,free housing and food stamps for the anchor babies.

I am sure that devoted fans of the pope could handle the extra expenses.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    go wash your dirty Robes and leave the little boys alone
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    go wash your dirty Robes and leave the little boys alone
    Amen.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

I wonder if the Pope is chastizing La Raza for their endless racist rantings? And has the Pope forgotten centuries of brutal racism that the Roman Catholic Church perpetrated through five Inquisitions? If it hadn't been for people learning to speak up against abusive tyranny, the Roman Catholic Church would still be in absolute control and continue to suppress basic human rights.

Of course the Roman Catholic Church sides with the Illegal Aliens. Where else do the churches in Mexico get most of their money? From the U.S. Taxpayers, of course, via the billions of dollars that are sent to Mexico.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If the Roman Catholic Church (and any church for that matter) wants to tell taxpayers what to do with their hard-earned money, then the Roman Catholic Church or any other such church should become a taxpayer itself. Roman Catholic Churches should lose their non-profit/tax-exempt status and begin paying for the abuses of Illegal Aliens just like the rest of us.

The Roman Catholic Church may consider itself a "spiritual" institution, but it has also always been about money. I read somewhere that the world-wide holdings of the Roman Catholic Church was estimated at approximately $600,000,000,000,000.00!!! (That's six hundred trillion!) A 50-75% tax on that would certainly go a long way to offset the expenses foisted upon hard-working taxpayers by the abuses and crimes committed by Illegal Aliens. What say Ye to that, Mr. Ratzinger?
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    I guess it's never dawned on the Vatican's that their position on birth control is one of the contributing factors behind some of the illegal immigration problems that more developed nations are currently experiencing.

Out of control population growth in less developed countries is wrecking havoc on the natural order of things! Heck, even many species in the animal kingdom know enough to reduce population growth when the environment won't support their numbers.
    If the Roman Catholic Church were made to write out a check to both Legal and Illegal residents in their jurisdiction; in order to cover the expenses of all children from birth to adulthood... then birth control would become a Sacrament. They'd be handing out condoms along with the communion wafers!
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

MarkM wrote:
    If the Roman Catholic Church were made to write out a check to both Legal and Illegal residents in their jurisdiction; in order to cover the expenses of all children from birth to adulthood... then birth control would become a Sacrament. They'd be handing out condoms along with the communion wafers!
    Quite right. But condoms seem to be a bit more expensive than communion wafers, and these guys need to save their money, for what I am not sure.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He urged Christians to help society "overcome any temptation to resort to racism, intolerance and exclusion" toward foreigners.
    What a deaf, dumb, and blind fool he is, and that whole Vatican City too! He multiplied the problem.

Ship the illegals there if they want law breakers in their littly City!

"Their tolerance and inclusion" is exactly why all those children, were raped, molested and god knows what else, for about 50, maybe more years! All "they" did was HIDE IT and move the pedophile priests to NM to pray on those little kids! Evidently the POPE needs to LOSE more money in the collection plate and be ostracized some more too!

I'm a 3rd generation (reformed Catholic) who was molested by my grandfather who they molested in a Boston church!!! They love the little alter boys, bunch of sick animals is what they are.

My step-father was also molested by a priest in Portland, Maine.

I bet many of you out there were also molested by someone that a priest got to when they were innocent little boys.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

The Pope should stay completely out of politics. I dont see the Vatican taking in illegal aliens to feed, clothe, and provide health care for them. Why not? Practice what you preach.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast