Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Portland Mayor to choose Taxpayer Funded Day Labor Site

Last Thursday evening, KATU TV in Portland, OR ran a story where Mayor Tom Potter of Portland has narrowed the locations for the day labor site he plans to open to 6 locations. I watched the story in it's entirety but can't find a single trace of the story anywhere. I expect The Oregonian Newspaper to bury stories like this, but I'm surprised I can't find anything elsewhere.

This week the City of Portland Mayor is supposed to discuss the locations that the he has chosen. This is another in a long list of absolutely stupid ideas that this mayor has come up with to endear himself to our local imported criminal community.

Remember this is the mayor who lashed out at ICE when the Portland Fresh Del Monte plant was raided, where over 550 employees were using stolen or fake Social Security numbers. Only 48 of nearly 600 employees at the Fresh Del Monte Produce fruit and vegetable processing plant had valid Social Security numbers.

Potter said "To go after local workers who are here to support their families while filling the demands of local businesses for their labor is bad policy." (Not considering for a minute the harm done to the people who had their identities stolen to employ these illegal aliens)

All indications, and previous discussions, point to this being a combination shelter/Rec Center at taxpayer's expense. Some say the cost may be upwards of $300,000.

If anyone has written information on the latest round of this story, from the last 4 or 5 days, please let me know. I need to add it to my blog. PhredE, let me know if you have seen any recent articles about this.

If you would like to share your opinion about tax-funded day labor sites with the second nuttiest mayor in America, you can give him a call at 503-823-4127.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Notify Judical Watch....they are good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JW is supposed to be on the case....
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry jecg, Captianron, I haven't had the time lately to follow the local ongoing very much (too darn busy!).

Anyway, thanks for the reminder and I'll try to pay attention as time allows...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)