Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pres. Clinton Agrees With Bush's Border Plan

Pres. Clinton Agrees With Bush's Border Plan
    AP

May 21 - Former President Bill Clinton on Sunday said President Bush is doing a good job on immigration reform, praising his call for better border security and moderation in dealing with illegal immigrants.

"I basically think President Bush has done a good job with this," Clinton told a convention of shopping center developers. "I'm different with him on nearly everything, but I think he's done a good job with this."

Clinton said employers were not blameless for hiring undocumented workers, who he described as "chasing their dreams the same way you chase your dreams."

He also said any reform that included a path to citizenship should not to punish those who migrate legally.

"You don't want a system that can be flouted so much that you actually punish law-abiding would-be immigrants who file for immigration in a legal fashion and patiently wait," he said.

Clinton appeared to support Bush's call last week for up to 6,000 National Guard troops to secure the U.S. border with Mexico.

"We need to at least have some idea of who's crossing the border and whether they're at all suspicious and whether they should be looked into," Clinton said.

Clinton spoke to some 6,000 delegates at the International Council of Shopping Centers in an opening address that touched on the economy, health care and globalization.

He urged them to build shopping centers that cut down on greenhouse gases, which he said would spawn job growth in the industry related to energy-efficient technology.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio ... id=4192831
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

LOL

Bill Clinton is one of the 10% of Americans that think George Bush is doing a good job on immigration issues.

It would be funny if it was not so damn disgusting and harmful to our nation.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"We need to at least have some idea of who's crossing the border and whether they're at all suspicious and whether they should be looked into," Clinton said.
    I guess that's what all the proposed high-tech cameras will be used for.

We'll watch them as they break into the country, and if they look "suspicious" we'll call an ACLU lawyer to make sure we're not doing any racial profiling before we "look into" them.

Truly, this is one of the stupidest comments yet in this "debate".
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

NOW I know we're in deep doo doo!

klinton & bush have been sleeping in the same bed for years.
    Yale, S&B, CFR, they're buds with the same agenda.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I could never have imagined they would agree on something like this. Never in my wildest dreams.

Yah, right. As much as this kind of stuff causes me to want to go stick my head in the sand - I'm allergic to sand fleas and besides, I can't breath very well that way either.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

He said this to the International Council of Shopping Centers!

Yea, they want more illegals in their stores.

Dixie

Well the fact that Clinton agrees with Bush makes me feel much better

Doesn't suprise me one bit.

I heard his say this a month ago, and I could not believe my ears. I always thought Clinton was for the working class American.

I supposed he has to say he likes Bush's plan, considering Hillary is supposedly running in 08, or else he's hanging around Daddy Bush way too much

I expect such statements from Clinton.
    I recall the point at which Clinton did a very public about face-
    If memory serves me, it was 1991.. he was running against Bush Sr. on a platform to protect the middle class and against NAFTA .
    He was summoned into a meeting with James Baker. After that meeting he was never the same. He immediately changed his position on NAFTA and after the election, President Clinton ushered in NAFTA .

James Baker.. now there's an interesting character.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast