Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President Bush Feeling Heat Over Pardon!

http://www.americandaily.com/article/17345

By Dave Gibson (01/21/07)

Apparently, President Bush is feeling the pressure which dozens of Congressmen, many political commentators, and scores of citizens are applying in the fight to free wrongly convicted Border Patrol Agents Ramos and Compean. A few days ago, Bush announced in a televised interview that he is aware of the case and will now review the evidence (or lack thereof).

During the interview Bush said: "On this case, people need to take a hard look at the facts, at the evidence that the jury looked at, as well as the judge. And that's...I will do the same thing." The President went on to say: "There's a process for pardons. It's got to work its way through a system here in the government."

Contrary to Bush's statement, the only process to which a pardon is subject is simply the President signing his name. While Bush is either confused or simply lying about the 'pardon process,' his words represent the first time that he has publicly even acknowledged the case. It was obvious to anyone who watched the interview that our efforts on behalf of Agents Ramos and Compean are beginning to take a toll on the President.

More encouraging news came Friday from Monica Ramos, the agent's wife. Mrs. Ramos reported that White House staffers contacted her and announced that President Bush himself would soon be calling her.

Over 70 Congressmen have signed on to a bill sponsored by Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA), which calls for a full and unconditional pardon for the two agents. Currently, the online petition calling for a pardon offered by grassfire.org has received over 263,000 signatures. In addition, the White House has taken countless phone calls and emails demanding a pardon.

We all know that President Bush does not truly care about the fate of these, nor any other Border Patrol agents who aggressively pursue Mexican criminals invading this country. However, he may issue a pardon in this case simply to improve his abysmal poll numbers. The latest numbers (by Newsweek) showed the President's approval rating at an all-time low of 31 percent. The country has lost confidence in his abilities and if he does not restore some measure of his popularity, he risks becoming completely insignificant.

Our efforts are not only being felt by the White House, they are also bringing a much needed morale boost to the agents' families. Monica Ramos told a reporter for Canada's Daily Bulletin: "Right now I'm at peace because I know there are a lot of people fighting for us."

While we are now seeing signs of encouragement, we cannot relent. We must continue to pressure President Bush to issue a full pardon for Agents Ramos and Compean. Please contact your Congressmen and Senators to support the bill introduced by Rep. Duncan Hunter for a Congressional pardon.

Also, please continue to contact the White House and demand a pardon for Agents Ramos and Compean.

White House comment line...202-456-1111
    White House fax...202-456-2461
    White House Email...comments @whitehouse.gov
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    31% approval rating? I'm surprised it's that high.

He should be feeling some heat, I am getting a callous on my index finger from hitting the "redial"!! Come on George, cut us some slack.

according to a post on the minuteman forums.
    joe loya was on terry anderson last night and sad the president has not called YET.

ramos wife went to see him the other day and they brought him out in shackles on his feet and hands. im sure that made for a nice picture.

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

April
    Kate wrote:

31% approval rating? I'm surprised it's that high
    Me too! I am thinking that number might not be entirely accurate!

Bush feeling hear over pardon

Well, hopefull not as much heat as he is going to feel when he closes his eyes for the last time!!!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)