Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President Bush Pushes for Amnesty Today

Bush rules out amnesty for undocumented workers
    Mar 22 3:18 AM US/Eastern

President George W. Bush said he was opposed to amnesty or automatic citizenship for the some 12 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.

Amid an intense debate over the issue among US lawmakers, Bush on Tuesday ruled out amnesty for illegal immigrants but said he favored a "guest worker" program that would provide legal status for workers for a limited time period.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/2 ... lb1k1.html

"In my judgment, amnesty would be the wrong course of action," Bush told a news conference.

He said "a whole industry" of exploitation had emerged with workers being smuggled across the US border in dangerous conditions.

"The best way to do something about it is to say that if an American won't do a job and you can find somebody who will do the job, they ought to be allowed to do it legally on a temporary basis," Bush said.

Asked about those undocumented workers who have lived in the US for more than a decade, Bush said: "One of the issues is going to be to deal with somebody whose family has been here for a while, raised a family, and that'll be an interesting debate.

"My answer is: That person shouldn't get automatic citizenship."

Bush's comments came as a showdown looms in Congress over rival proposals on immigration reform and a day after the Mexican government bought full-page advertisements in major US newspapers to set out their stance on the issue.

"Mexico does not promote undocumented migration," the advertisement read in the New York Times and other newspapers.

Mexico supports "a safe, orderly guest worker program" but acknowledges the need for incentives such as housing credits to encourage the return of temporary workers to Mexico, said the advertisement, which was based on a document produced by Mexican legislators, government officials, academics and other experts.

"A guest worker program designed to process the legal temporary flow of workers will allow Mexico and the United States to better comabt criminal organizations specialized in the smuggling of migrants and the use of false documents...," the advertisement said.

The issue has split Bush's fellow Republicans in Congress, some of whom have pushed for strict enforcement measures on the US-Mexico border without providing the possibility of legalizing those undocumented workers already settled in the United States.

The Senate Judiciary Committee has yet to agree on reforms while the House of Representatives has already voted for the construction of a wall along the US border with Mexico to stop illegal immigration, as well as severe penalties for violations of immigration laws.

Bush warned that illegal immigration was "an emotional issue" and if the debate was "not conducted properly," it would "send signals that I don't think will befit the nation's history and traditions."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bush warned that illegal immigration was "an emotional issue" and if the debate was "not conducted properly," it would "send signals that I don't think will befit the nation's history and traditions."
    Sorry, Buba, but I don't think 20 million illegal aliens befit the nation's history and traditions either !!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote:
    "Mexico does not promote undocumented migration," the advertisement read in the New York Times and other newspapers.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Promote? Heck no. The Mexican government only hands out coloring books of poor migrants, and a map explaining the best routes to sneak over the border without getting caught.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

By the way, there's a new comment he has added on to his discussion regarding illegal immigration this week. He keeps talking now about how this debate shouldn't get too harsh and now his latest comments today appear above. I think he's getting his plan underway, which will be to make US look harsh, mean, irrational, unAmerican etc.

I think that's the way he's going to try to fight US, and try to get people to see things his way. That's pretty unfair. We're speaking the truth, we're using the facts. He can't debate US on those things, so he will turn it into something it isn't.
    Too bad, he's going to make it get ugly in order to try to over-ride the will of 80-85 % of the American people.
    He'll make it just like the ports deal insinuating that we are sending a "terrible message". It didn't work then I don't think it will work now.

It's too bad that he chooses to resort to such tactics.

It's too bad that he has to resort to such tactics.
    What do you expect from a Demon who's taken human form?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's a shame when even the president doesn't respect the law. We have the cure though, it's called a "VOTE".

REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Mexico is full caca as usual! I am telling you all they are going to ram this amnesty down our throats, I see it coming. Three years is just enough time to drop an anchor babies or two and then due to the family reunification they will bring their entire family. Where are the Americans? What happened??? They had best start listening to the citizens of this country, because frankly, I am starting to think being a citizen is a liability.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson