Like Tree19Likes

Thread: President Trump suggests government shutdown to get border wall

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President Trump suggests government shutdown to get border wall

President Trump suggests government shutdown to get border wall

By Jordyn Phelps
    May 5, 2018, 5:30 PM ET

President Trump railed against the nation’s immigration laws and suggested Saturday that a government shutdown may be necessary to secure his long-promised border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

“We’re going to get the wall, even if we have to think about closing up the country for a little while,” Trump said during an event billed as a tax reform roundtable in Cleveland. “We’re going to get the wall. We have no choice.”

The president has previously threatened a shutdown over the border wall issue, floating the idea as recently as a week ago.

He expressed disappointment specifically with Mexico over the so-called "caravan" of migrants seeking asylum in the U.S.

Over 150 migrant caravan members cross into US to claim asylum, organizers say

Border Patrol begins processing migrants from caravan

Caravan migrants waking up on Mexican side of the border after getting refused US entry

“I really thought they’d be much better to us and tougher on the caravan. Didn’t work out that way,” the president said. “They allow these people to come up through Mexico and come into our country.”

The president's criticism of Mexico comes after he praised the Mexican government last month for its efforts in breaking up the caravan.

Those migrants that did continue on with the journey to the U.S. border arrived several days ago and have been having their pleas for asylum processed.

President Trump also decried the so-called “catch and release” policy by which people caught illegally entering the country are released as they await trial. He seemed to question the fact that they get a trial in the first place.

“We have thousands of judges. You think other countries have judges? We give them, like, trials," the president said. "That’s the good news. The bad news is they never show up for the trial.

"Welcome to the United States,” the president said, as if in sarcasm.

The president also used the official event as an opportunity to campaign for Rep. Jim Renacci, R-OH, who is running for Senate and was seated on stage next to the president.

Trump said Renacci is “doing really great” and “has my full support."

“We need your vote. We need your help, so go out and help Jim,” Trump said.

While in Cleveland, the president also participated in a fundraiser with the RNC, speaking to 250 people and raising $3 million.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...ry?id=54961932
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Last year he did shut the government down. But Congress, which has a Constitutional mandate to furnish a budget for the President to sign, kept sliding only giving him CRs. But the date that the next Budget is due is coming up once again. So here we go again. President Trump caved last time signing an atrocious budget that didn't include funding for the Wall and had plenty of pork for Schumer and others. So, the only solution seems to be a government shutdown. If sentiment is that much against this idea, Congress could override his veto. But they don't have the support of the American People to do that.

However, in this article I see nowhere where President Trump said he wanted to shut down the government. He said "We’re going to get the wall, even if we have to think about closing up the country for a little while”. That could me closing the borders.

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    Last year he did shut the government down. But Congress, which has a Constitutional mandate to furnish a budget for the President to sign, kept sliding only giving him CRs. But the date that the next Budget is due is coming up once again. So here we go again. President Trump caved last time signing an atrocious budget that didn't include funding for the Wall and had plenty of pork for Schumer and others. So, the only solution seems to be a government shutdown. If sentiment is that much against this idea, Congress could override his veto. But they don't have the support of the American People to do that.

However, in this article I see nowhere where President Trump said he wanted to shut down the government. He said "We’re going to get the wall, even if we have to think about closing up the country for a little while”. That could me closing the borders.
    Yes! I made the same point a few weeks ago, he didn't say shutdown the government, he said close up the country, which could mean shut down the borders.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

CLOSE THE BORDER NOW!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Maybe when the travel ban case is decided and if Trump wins, then maybe he can use a travel ban into the US for certain groups of people like asylum seekers and refugees and UAC from "dangerous" "narco-terrorism" countries with gangs and drug cartels that ship dope into the US.

judy
    I JUST SEE ON FACE BOOK I DON'T KNOW WHAT TOWN THIS IS . THE PILOT TRUCK DON'T HAVE A FLAG UP & THIS GUY ASK & THEY TOLD HIM THEY HAVE OTHER COUNTRY . THAT COME IN & THEY TOLD THE COMPANY THEY DON'T IiKE THE FLAG UP . SO THE COMPANY REMOVE IT . I CALL OUR PILOT TRUCK IN PA & TOLD THEM WHO THE HELL ARE YOU IT OUR FLAG . IT OUR COUNTRY WE WANT IT UP & I CALL THE RADIO . STATION . HOW CAN I GET TO WRITE TRUMP ABOUT THIS THANK YOU SOUTHBX
    Last edited by southBronx; 05-06-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by southBronx View Post
    judy
    I JUST SEE ON FACE BOOK I DON'T KNOW WHAT TOWN THIS IS . THE PILOT TRUCK DON'T HAVE A FLAG UP & THIS GUY ASK & THEY TOLD HIM THEY HAVE OTHER COUNTRY . THAT COME IN & THEY TOLD THE COMPANY THEY DON'T IiKE THE FLAG UP . SO THE COMPANY REMOVE IT . I CALL OUR PILOT TRUCK IN PA & TOLD THEM WHO THE HELL ARE YOU IT OUR FLAG . IT OUR COUNTRY WE WANT IT UP & I CALL THE RADIO . STATION . HOW CAN I GET TO WRITE TRUMP ABOUT THIS THANK YOU SOUTHBX
    Send the information to Fox and Friends. Trump watches that show every morning. That's the quickest way! They have twitter, facebook and email.

http://www.foxnews.com/shows/fox-and-friends.html

Thank you judy
    southbx
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You're so welcome, and thank you southBronx for all you do to help our country stop the madness of illegal immigration and excess legal immigration!!