Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Presidential Pardons NOT FOR Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean

BUSH STRIKES AGAIN!!!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=59977

INVASION USA
    Pardon me: Bush blasted for ignoring Border agents
    'Leaving good cops behind bars is unconscionable'

Posted: March 26, 2008
    10:50 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Former U.S. Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos embraced his wife, Monica Ramos, two days before he was sentenced to 11 years in prison (El Paso Times)

President Bush is coming under fire for yesterday's presidential pardons that includes forgiveness for drug smugglers, an embezzler and others, but not for jailed Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean.

Ramos and Compean entered prison in January of 2007 after a controversial ruling on their actions in apprehending a fleeing drug smuggler.

"I believe the president's stolid refusal to pardon Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean is the most unconscionable act of disloyalty he has perpetrated upon those sworn to protect our well-being. I know this feeling is shared by many other patriotic Americans," said Mychal Massie, chairman of Project 21 and a WND columnist. "This sends a disturbing signal to the men and women who protect our borders, not to mention how it must affect the morale of those serving overseas."

On Feb. 17, 2005, Ramos and Compean pursued Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila on foot after Aldrete-Davila abandoned a van containing 743 pounds of marijuana worth an estimated $1 million. During the chase, Ramos shot at Aldrete-Davila in the belief that Aldrete-Davila had drawn a gun of his own. Aldrete-Davila escaped across the U.S.-Mexico border, and Ramos assumed Aldrete-Davila was unhurt. In fact, Aldrete-Davila had been shot in the buttock.

(Story continues below)

U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton later charged that Ramos and Compean violated Border Patrol policy by pursuing Aldrete-Davila without supervisor approval, moving spent shell casings and improperly reporting the fired shots. Aldrete-Davila was granted immunity to testify against the agents. Ramos and Compean were sentenced to 11 and 12 years in prison, respectively. They are currently in solitary confinement in maximum-security prisons.

Agent Jose Compean (KFOX-TV)

The Ramos and Compean convictions have been questioned by many who point out that during the trial, jurors were not told of Aldrete-Davila's continued drug trafficking, for which he has now been arrested and indicted. Jurors were also unaware that a fellow agent who testified against Ramos and Compean is a life-long friend of Aldrete-Davila – a violation of Border Patrol Policy in itself.

T.J. Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, a labor union which has organized workers at the agency, testified before the U.S. Senate that a medical examination of Aldrete-Davila supported the agents' description of events and complied with Border Patrol and Justice Department policies.

The convictions of Ramos and Compean are currently on appeal with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.

"Leaving good cops behind bars is unconscionable," said Massie. "President Bush can argue he is granting mercy only after sentences are served, but we cannot forget that he immediately commuted the sentence of his friend and political ally Scooter Libby. Similar clemency should be given to Ramos and Compean, if not a full pardon. If he refuses, we can only hope that the next president will not only do so but also treat our courageous border guards with the respect they deserve."

Massie previously wrote about the Ramos and Compean case in a WND commentary titled, "You forgot 2, Mr. President!"

Bush pardoned more?

Well, it's no surprise he ignored Ramos and Compean. He's got to be the most stubborn arrogant president we've ever had. Would love to know why he really won't pardon them.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

yes Jean. he pardoned 15. someone posted the headline on the
    General discussion last night and i posted the entire article and it listed the names and the offenses for which they were pardoned.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-109336.html
    this post lists the people pardoned

Why am I not surprised? He pardoned a heroin dealer, but can't pardon two men doing their JOBS, need I mention HISPANIC men?

Where's the fairness here?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bush's administration must go......NOW!

This is totally disgusting...let the mice guard the cheese and then when the cat catches the mice stealing it...arrest the cat? WTF!? and oh yah...have a friend of the mouse rat out the cat...This whole country is going to hell in a handbasket....I am 43 yrs old...just joined the National Guard so I can take on some responsibility as an American and a former soldier....but now I am really questioning myself,..... what the hell would I want to fight for anyway....think about it. This country is being sold to all BUT Americans. We are trillions in debt to other countries, people are losing thier houses do to falsifying records, (more greed), oil prices are just plain ridiculous with the CEO's getting $400m for a bonus, political "correctness" is out of control, greed is everywhere, school children getting fed cattle that can't even walk and most times abused, drugs being put on the market with no testing or FDA approval, our children getting lead based toys, taxes out of control, and our brave sons fighting in a war that seems like no-one is overseeing or has no plan attached to it...so what the hell......Stand up Americans and I mean now!! Take back our country...or like "absolut" vodka billboards show....America will be sold away or taken away.

I agree with everything ya'll have written . I never Voted for this Neo-Con . I knew to much of his early family dealings to give him my vote . Plus the injustice of Silverado Saving & Loan with Neil just bugged me to death . I wish him and his crime family a speedy jail cell . Money does not rule this world . My God does , the God of all Gods . What he and his puppets are doing to our border agents will be deal with . His time is coming . Scooter hey Scooter were are you Scooter ???
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

I voted for Bush and support many of his policies but he is playing the NAU card in the case of the border agents. It's a disgrace and one that will come to haunt him later if not sooner. Our government leaders are spineless and hell bent on moving toward a North American Union and Free Trade and Open Commerce with our neighbors to the south and north. We will lose our country, our national identity and our sovereignty if we don't band together as Americans and stand up to this insanity which is counter to the will of the American people. There is a reason that our forefathers guaranteed us the right to bear arms and there has never been a more clear reason to understand that wisdom as there is now.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Heck, I voted for Bush four times, but I have to admit distress about his intentions on several decisions including his support for ILLEGALS, Open Borders, the N.A.U., the T.T.C., “Freeâ€