Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pro Immigration Boycott Planned Sept 12

The group below is calling for an economic boycott on Sept. 12. We should save as many purchases possible for that day. We need to spend, spend spend on the 12th.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... &cset=true
    Illegal immigrant to leave church haven

Tribune photo by Abel Uribe, August 15, 2007

Rev. Marco Cardenas leads Elvira Arellano, her son Saúl, and other activists in prayer Wednesday before giving a news conference commemorating her year of taking refuge in Adalberto United Methodist Church, on the West Side.

By Antonio Olivo | Tribune staff reporter
    2:18 PM CDT, August 15, 2007

Elvira Arellano, the illegal Mexican immigrant who has avoided deportation for a year by taking refuge inside a Humboldt Park church, said today she plans to leave her sanctuary to participate in a new push for immigration reform in Washington.

At a news conference at the West Side church where she has been living for exactly a year, Arellano said she intends to use her status as a figurehead for the nation's estimated 12 million illegal immigrants to leverage support for more lenient legislative reforms.

After the Senate failed to pass a bipartisan bill in June that would have offered legalization for undocumented immigrants, the federal government has stepped up enforcement through more workplace raids, higher penalties against employers who hire illegal workers and a more concerted effort to go after fugitives like Arellano who have already been ordered to leave the country.

Tribune religion page
    "If [immigration authorities] want to arrest me over there, in front of Congress, in front of the White House or in front of the Senate, and deport me in front of all those people that make the changes in the law, it's fine," Arellano, 32, earlier told the Spanish-language, Tribune Co.-owned newspaper Hoy while inside the Aldaberto United Methodist Church on Division Street. "But I'm not going to stay quiet, nor wait for them to come to arrest me and deport me. I have to fight and this is part of the fight."

It was not immediately clear when she would leave the church. She said today she would be on the Washington Mall for a prayer and fasting vigil Sept. 12. Speaking in Spanish and English, she called for a national economic boycott on that day to help bring attention to the plight of illegal immigrants.

Asked whether she is challenging Congress to pass more lenient legislation, she responded: "I'm not seeking to challenge anybody, only to shed light on this problem that has affected millions."

Today marks one year since Arellano and her son, Saúl, 8, moved into the tiny church from their former home in Pilsen. Arellano had been arrested in 2002 during an immigration raid at O'Hare International Airport, where she cleaned airplanes. She was convicted of using a fake Social Security number after the raid.

"If my son were 21, and if this government still did not want me to stay in this country, I would have said to him, 'Son, you are old enough to make your own way and make your own decisions,' and I would have packed my suitcases and gone back to Mexico. But he is not yet an adult and I have the responsibility to protect and prepare him for the life in this country that he has a right to as a U.S. citizen."

Immigration officials, who have not been legally prohibited from arresting Arellano during her stay in the church, have been reluctant to comment about the case, saying only that she is considered a fugitive.

"If my son were 21, and if this government still did not want me to stay in this country, I would have said to him, 'Son, you are old enough to make your own way and make your own decisions,' and I would have packed my suitcases and gone back to Mexico. But he is not yet an adult and I have the responsibility to protect and prepare him for the life in this country that he has a right to as a U.S. citizen."
    Then take him with you, you bleepin' idiot!

Oh...and he has NO RIGHT to be a U.S. citizen. What arrogance!! How DARE you assume your anchor brat has a "right" to U.S. citizenship. You jumped our border illegally, dropped your brat here, and now you act all indignant and haughty because you say you have a responsibility to prepare him for his right to be a U.S. citizen. WHAT A SCAM!!!

Get the hell out of our country!! (sorry...this just makes me SO angry)
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

People, why should we run and bail out the very people (business) that are bringing these illegals in - let them boycott.

Let them turn on their 'friends' the employers.

WE are going to go 'save' the very people that are hurting us? Unless you know of a company or business that absolutely, positively does not support illegal immigration in an shape, form or fashion - let it ride.

Remember, business is the pivot point here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

O GOODY! Another Boycott! I heard last year there were lots of pro-illegal purchasers on the day of the Boycott. Let's see if they are more serious this year!
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

How many boycotts can illegals have?
    There was/is the Mayday boycott of school and work,no one lost their business over it and it didn't break the US economy.
    They keep having individual boycotts all over the country to show their hometowns how important they are to its survival-have yet to see a county or town close up shop because of their spending 'power'.
    It reminds me of a small child who says "i'm gonna hold my breath til you give me that" and we all know that Always works.
    How about they REALLY show us-Go back to their home countries,stay for a whole year or two-so we can see how the US will suffer and collapse without them, just like the previous centuries when we didn't have them.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

AE, you make an excellent point.I have heard enough of these achor breeders say how they don't want to split up their 'family',why is it that they keep(alluding to) choosing to leave their anchor baby here and split up their family rather than take their baby back home with them if deported?I am not a parent but I cannot imagine LEAVING my child behind in another country, for someone else to raise!
    I find it very suspicious that they would choose basically abandoning their child over its citizenship 'rights' rather than keeping the family together,even if they must be poor.So much for family valuesSomething to think about.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

Ya let's see they'll boycott the 99cent store, K-mart, Wal-mart. BUT WAIT they are living hand to mouth struggling to get by and send money to Mexico. No they won't boycott they can't afford to.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Boycotting the K-Marts of the world will make them one of us, since the soccer Moms are suddenly steering clear of everything made in China.

I hope they arrest that bitch.

I rarely swear, but how dare she demand (and get!) special treatment time and time again.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Hey you

Let me be the first to say Austa La Bye - Bye "maybe we can give her a couple Chicago hot dogs for her long trip home'

Has anyone informed ICE

If this woman does as she says and the government does nothing

A Class Action law suit needs to be thrown on the desk of Dept of homeland security's desk

Implicating Federal, state and local officials

I'd say 10 Trillion dollars should be a good round number enough to backrupt this government so we can start over

Some how, some way ... the rich, corperations in conjunction with the federal government has robbed this nation of it's richs for to long. This woman and 12 million (Suppossed illegal aliens) need to get the boot along with our governmental body.

It is time

Kitty on Lou Dobbs told the story today about her and the face she is going to leave the church to go to DC so CNN called I and told them what she was doing and their response was she is not on their priority list!! Can you believe tha crap! She need to go home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast