Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Maybe I was raised in a different generation. But, I grew up with what is called a "3 legged stool". You work and when it is time to retire, you have Social Security, a pension plan, and another source of income to retire on.
    So, i have tried to adhere to that principle. My parents grew up during the Great Depression.
    So, SOSAD...I didn't mean to offend. Me, me, me is part of the reality in the older age. I truly hope I am never a burden on society.
    Is that wrong???

Everybody has their own agenda, regardless of it affects on our country, it is always about me, me, me.
    We must protect our future. We certainly, can not, count on the Fed's ! Regardless of all the negatives, real estate is still the best investment ! SS probably won't be there for my children much less my grandchildren, and even if it is, you can't survive on SS alone. What will their future be ? I'm just trying to take care of my own. Ditto.....I never want to be a burden, period !

When you find yourself owning property in what has become a Hispanic neighborhood, who do you think your choice of tenant's will be ? I can only try to do the right thing, and still protect my interests.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Quote Originally Posted by mbrown
    Maybe I was raised in a different generation. But, I grew up with what is called a "3 legged stool". You work and when it is time to retire, you have Social Security, a pension plan, and another source of income to retire on.
    So, i have tried to adhere to that principle. My parents grew up during the Great Depression.
    So, SOSAD...I didn't mean to offend. Me, me, me is part of the reality in the older age. I truly hope I am never a burden on society.
    Is that wrong???
    "mbrown' first welcome to alipac....glad you have joined us.
    I was not refering to you

I do know landlords who charge as much as $3000 a month for a 2 bedroom place and rent to as many as 15 people who share the rent, to these people it is all about money, not country.

People who work hard pay into SS and a retirement deserve it as I and my husband did, these are the things we are working to protect, but the people who only care about cheap labor are undermineing Americans, causing us to lose our retirement beneifits and all hope for our old age....these are the people I am speaking about. Me, me, me was in reference to these people not people like you and me.

Again glad you have joined us please stay around and get involved you are the kind of Americans we need in this fight!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

From what I'm hearing here only reinforces how important it is to have uniform and enforced local zoning and renting ordinances. Limitation to the # of occupants in dewllings (and inspected/enforced), parking ordinances enforced, non-rentals to illegal aliens and enforced, litter ordinaces enforced, vagrancy and congregating ordinances enforced, noise ordinances with teeth and enforced, etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Most of the things you mentioned are in effect, however, getting the city to enforce them is another matter. IE fining ME when I thought the city would HELP me get people out of my garage ! On the other hand, when the tenant starts yelling, EVERYBODY listens. Tenants fool you, and once they get a foot in the door, it's the property owner's responsibilty. If there's a problem, it's "call the owner" ! Hence, my signature, "It's not how you get in, it's how you get out", can be applied to most any situation.

Nicie wrote:
    So, I take a little offense when people think being a landlady (lord) is all just $$ in my pocket.
    Nicie, I have no way of knowing what your background or business dealings are. This started as a thread about Landlords in Oregon, a state in which I have lived, putting pressure on the Legislature to ease up on illegal immigrants.

Nobody who has rented property out thinks that it is free and easy money. And a lot of people somehow acquire a rental property even withot intending to be landlords. However, there are other people who begin acquiring as many properties as they can possibly mange to finance, counting on renters to get them through the mortgage debt and for the property to significantly increase in value as they hold on to it. It's called LEVERAGED SPECULATION. And then there are also fortunate people who inherit properties. I'm sorry you got some bumps and bruises in your strategy.

Are you in favor of restricting landlords who would rent to illegal aliens? Many Americans resent living next to apartments that have become havens for crime.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So instead of working at a job they were going to get rich by collecting rent and through real estate appreciation? Fines against them would help our local governments pay the cost of policing of their properties.
    This post is what got my attention.

Are you in favor of restricting landlords who would rent to illegal aliens? Many Americans resent living next to apartments that have become havens for crime.
    I have not and will not knowingly rent to illegal aliens. I have since turned my property over to a property manager. I regret my posts on this subject for this reason; It was far to revealing on a personal level. I won't make that mistake again.

I'm sorry you got some bumps and bruises in your strategy.
    A lesson learned. No harm, no foul.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12