Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Prosecutor: Ariz. sheriff’s sweeps on solid legal ground

Prosecutor: Ariz. sheriff’s sweeps on solid legal ground
    JACQUES BILLEAUD

PHOENIX (AP) - Maricopa County’s top prosecutor said Tuesday that the sheriff recent high-profile sweeps in metropolitan Phoenix were legal if his officers followed rules prohibiting racial profiling and unwarranted traffic stops.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio has drawn criticism that the sweeps in three heavily Hispanic areas during late March and early April were thinly veiled immigration patrols fraught with racial profiling.

The sweeps led Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon to request a federal investigation of Arpaio for possible civil rights violations. The U.S. Justice Department has declined to comment on the request.

“To the best of my knowledge, the protocol has been followed,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Zeezil for this information! Sheriff Joe is a real American and the kind of tool we need in our fight. I am sure that the OBL's and far left zealots will throw everything they can at him to try to get him to stop. He is their worst fear. I am surprised that the ACLU hasn't jumped in to try their disgusting tactics to muzzle him. We all need to be prepared to defend this national treasure, Joe Arpaio, at all cost!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836