Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protesters Square Off on Immigration Debate

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... california

Protesters Square Off on Immigration Debate

From Times Staff and Wire Reports
    May 22, 2006

Protesters on both sides of the immigration debate squared off on downtown streets Sunday in a rowdy and mostly peaceful showdown.

About 100 people from the Minuteman organization and anti-illegal immigration groups marched about a mile down Broadway to City Hall.

Shadowing them were about 250 pro-immigrant protesters. Some of the counter-protesters hurled eggs and a glass bottle at the dozens of helmeted police keeping the groups apart.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_141182107.html

May 21, 2006 3:19 pm US/Pacific
    Police Arrest 2 At Anti-Immigration Protest

(CBS) LOS ANGELES At least two people were arrested at an anti-immigration protest that drew counter-protesters, which erupted into a rowdy melee, with shouting matches, pushing and shoving.

Protesters interrupted a rally organized by homeless activist Ted Hayes, Minuteman Project members and Save Our State at Broadway and Olympic Boulevard.

Originally 50 officers were called in for the protest, however more were called in to deal with the two crowds, which grew increasingly hostile towards each other.

"I thought something was going to happen," said a nervous Cruz Yax, 40, of Hollywood, who was shopping downtown but got caught up in the fray. "I tried to go over there but I couldn't," she said, gesturing away from Broadway.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Shadowing them were about 250 pro-immigrant protesters. Some of the counter-protesters hurled eggs and a glass bottle at the dozens of helmeted police keeping the groups apart.
    The pro-illegals had to use violence to get attention. I'm glad the MM show more class than that!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Wow! Too bad it is coming to this. Sad to say, but I think we are going to see more of this.

Americans are not allowed to use their free speech, without violent opposition. Hmmmm. Funny how we stood back and let them have there stomps in the streets, without incidents. Now a few Americans try to voice their opinions and they get attacked. Pushy aren't they?

Senators do you see this???? Are you turning a blind eye to this mistreatment of Americans by illegal aliens and their supporters??? We have been telling you they mistreat us and we don't want to live amongst them. Can you see it yet? Do you understand what we have been nicely saying?

Dixie