Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protesting Illegal Immigrants

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/8025372.html

Different groups joined together on north and 6th street to protest illegal immigrants in our country.

One of the main protesting groups is the Minute-Men. Members want people to become aware that there are about 40 million illegal aliens in the United States right now and more are always coming.

The immigration reform debate in Washington is what brought these protesters out, and they want others to join in the effort to make sure this bill doesn't go into law.

"We want to have people kill this bill by calling in calling their senators sending faxes sending emails to let them know that you are aware of what they're trying to sneak through."

The protesters spent three hours today getting their message across.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

Going to a rally tomorrow in Austin. Never been to a rally before in my life. I hope a lot of people are waking up and saying "we aren't going to take this any more!!"

Quote Originally Posted by SamLowrey
    Going to a rally tomorrow in Austin. Never been to a rally before in my life. I hope a lot of people are waking up and saying "we aren't going to take this any more!!"

Have a safe trip, and good luck.

I hope all go to the rally in AUstin. We need one so bad here in Los Angeles... If there is one, i dont care if i have to miss work.... I'll go
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy