Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Public just doesn't trust the government

City Journal
    Our Broken Immigration Record
    A history of violated promises has shattered the public’s trust.

Steven Malanga
    5 July 2007

In the aftermath of the immigration bill’s defeat, supporters on both the left and the right have wondered how compromise legislation, containing so many proposals that Americans seemed to back in polls, could have won so little public support. Many of the bill’s backers seem to be missing the point: what killed it was not opposition to any single proposal, but rather the public’s overall cynicism on immigration. Ordinary citizens simply don’t trust our leaders on this subject any longer, and until the president—some president—and the Congress gain back their trust, it’s unlikely that we’ll have any “comprehensiveâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Kennedy at the bottom of illegal immigration again. time for the old man to retire. Vote him out, please! No illegal should have any benefits that belong to Americans. State/local governments should have the right to enforce all laws without harassement from the ACLU.

When I was young, back in the 40' and 50's, no one would have even thought of questioning our government. Our trust was implicit. My, how things have changed.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    When I was young, back in the 40' and 50's, no one would have even thought of questioning our government. Our trust was implicit. My, how things have changed.
    Absolutely, the good old days when you elected politicians and then basically ignored them until the next election as you focused on your life and work are gone! Many years ago, you could be certain that, by far, most politicians were trustworthy and did what was right for America, the American worker and the American citizen. NO LONGER. My mindset is now... believe nothing the government says unless you absolutely verify it. "Do Not Trust, Always Verify" It's as though if the government says something is good for you, it isn't. If they say somethings bad for you, it isn't. Politicians and Governmental entities just cannot be trusted any longer. Inefficiency, Incompetence, Corruption and Malfeasance are now the commonplace. The American people need to take their government back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)