Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Public Outrage Over Amnesty Bill

Public Outrage Over Amnesty Bill
    By Andy Selepak
    May 23, 2007

The public is seeing through media misinformation about "immigration reform" and opposing the Senate illegal alien amnesty bill.

Georgia Republican Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-GA), previously reported to be opposed to the new illegal alien amnesty bill, actually supports it. Roy Beck of Numbers USA sees this as a betrayal. "After months of promising the voters of Georgia that they would never participate in full legalization of the 12-20 million illegal aliens, these two Senators (Chambliss and Isakson) are embracing a bill that will allow more than 98% of them to remain in your communities and job markets forever," he said in a message to Georgia residents.

The phone number to Senator Chambliss' Washington, D.C. office is 202-224-3521, and the phone number to Senator Isakson's Washington D.C. office is 202-224-3643. Both men voted against last year's Senate amnesty bill along with 30 other Republican senators, but support this one. The voters of Georgia deserve an explanation of why they have turned their backs on the voters.

We had also reported that Beck had said that many senators were "surprised at how few phone calls of protest they've gotten during the last two months of highly-publicized negotiations to create the amnesty." But that has now changed. Beck reports, "In the Senate offices of some of the largest states, you all have shut down the phone lines so that staffers aren't able to communicate with anybody because of their decision to turn off their phones to avoid hearing from you."

To see if this was true, on May 18, 2007, I called Senator Jim Webb (D-VA) and Senator John Warner (R-VA).

Jim Webb's Washington, D.C. office phone went straight to voicemail and told the caller they could either leave a message for the senator or press two to speak to a staff member. After doing that, I spoke to a Webb staff member who told me that although Webb is against amnesty, she was unsure how the senator would vote on the amnesty bill. Last year, Sen. Webb narrowly defeated incumbent Senator George Allen, who was one of the strongest opponents of amnesty in the Senate, on a campaign pledge that he would not support amnesty. It remains to be seen if Webb, like Georgia Senators Chambliss and Isakson, will also break his promise to voters.

When I attempted to call Sen. John Warner (R-VA), his Washington, D.C. office phone, 202-224-2023, was busy every time. I then tried to call Senator Warner's District offices. Between the Midlothian, Roanoke, and Abingdon offices I got two busy signals and one voicemail. Only at the Norfolk office did a staff member actually answer the phone. The staff member there told me that he was unsure how Senator Warner would vote on the new amnesty bill and that he believed the senator would spend the weekend reading the bill. But, Warner was one of the Republican senators who voted for last year's Kennedy/McCain amnesty bill. Barring a change of heart, or strong constituent pressure, Warner most likely will once again vote to give amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants.

The senators who support this amnesty bill have called it everything but, including "comprehensive immigration reform," or an "immigration compromise bill." If they spent less time trying to craft code words for amnesty, and more time listening to the people who put them in office, we might have a real bill on illegal immigration that enforced the law without rewarding those who broke the law to enter and work in this country illegally. Instead we get broken campaign promises and senators hiding from constituents.

It would be nice if we had a media that reported the facts, rather than spinning words and phrases in order to cover up the nature of the crimes that have been committed -- and are still being committed -- against our nation.

It doesn't appear that public outrage will lessen as the Senate continues debating the bill and even considers taking up another controversial piece of legislation, the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).

The treaty, which, like the immigration bill, has the support of President Bush and Senator Ted Kennedy, is something that the far-left and pro-world government forces have been promoting for decades. It is a treaty that President Regan rejected.

Bush, however, is not a Ronald Reagan.

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/guest/ ... 5231.shtml
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We had also reported that Beck had said that many senators were "surprised at how few phone calls of protest they've gotten during the last two months of highly-publicized negotiations to create the amnesty." But that has now changed. Beck reports, "In the Senate offices of some of the largest states, you all have shut down the phone lines so that staffers aren't able to communicate with anybody because of their decision to turn off their phones to avoid hearing from you."
    Gee if the phones are turned off I guess they can't get any phone calls of protest huh?

This bill get uglier and uglier the more I listen to the debate and amendments.

MW
    Georgia Republican Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-GA), previously reported to be opposed to the new illegal alien amnesty bill, actually supports it.
    That's because they had hand in developing this travesty of a bill! I suppose no one wants to see their baby go down into a blazing ball of fire. Whoever appointed them to the committee that developed the bill probably did so in an effort to change their position this time around. There is a lot of muniplation going on on the Hill these days.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"surprised at how few phone calls of protest they've gotten during the last two months of highly-publicized negotiations to create the amnesty."
    why is everyone saying secret then...
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

"surprised at how few phone calls of protest they've gotten during the last two months of highly-publicized negotiations to create the amnesty."
    These people are really in their own little bubble world. Nobocy knew about the bill details, they kept it secret! There were a couple of rumor type stories printed, on page 28. Well publicized my ass.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)