Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PUBLIX, Florida's largest private company becomes I.C.E. IMAGE member

I.C.E. News Release

JUNE 27, 2014
    TAMPA, FL

Florida's largest private company becomes IMAGE member

IMAGE program ensures legal, authorized workforce

TAMPA, Fla. — Lakeland-based Publix Super Markets Inc., the largest employee-owned grocery chain in the United States, became the latest employer Friday to partner with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) employment compliance program.

As part of this agreement, Publix has pledged to maintain a secure and stable workforce and curtail the employment of unauthorized workers through outreach and education. To qualify for IMAGE or ICE Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers certification, companies must perform the following requirements:

• Enroll in the E-Verify program within 60 days,
    • Establish a written hiring and employment eligibility verification policy that includes internal Form I-9 audits at least once per year and
    • Submit to a Form I-9 inspection.

"With this certification, Publix makes a strong statement in supporting federal hiring laws," said Susan McCormick, special agent in charge of ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations in Tampa. "We want to thank Publix for helping reduce unauthorized employment and the use of fraudulent identity documents ."

"As an employee-owned business, it is important to us to ensure we follow the best hiring practices available," said John Hrabusa, senior vice-president at Publix. "We are proud to join U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in the IMAGE program and look forward to the greater efficiencies it brings to our company."

Publix employs 167,000 people at 1,077 stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. The company had nearly $29 billion in retail sales in 2013. It was established in 1930 in Winter Haven.

With the addition of Publix, 19 Florida companies with more than 186,000 employees participate in the IMAGE program. EKS LLC, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting Inc., Pelican Bay LTD and Ramcon LLC, are some of the most recent employers to be certified by the IMAGE program.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) E-Verify employment eligibility verification program enables employers to verify that newly hired employees are eligible to work in the United States. This Internet-based system is available throughout the nation and is free to employers. It provides an automated link to the Social Security Administration database and DHS immigration records.

Companies interested in more information about the IMAGE program can call 813-357-7137 or visit ICE.gov/image.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security.
    ICE is a 21st century law enforcement agency with broad responsibilities for a number of key homeland security priorities. For more information, visit www.ICE.gov. To report suspicious activity, call 1-866-347-2423 or complete our tip form.

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1406/140627tampa2.htm
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 06-27-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wish there was a Publix near enough in to me TX to patronize. I hope that the citizens of seven states affected take stong notice and action to patronize Publix. .