Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

'Be quiet America, Washington knows best.'

'Be quiet America, Washington knows best.'

Posted by Bobby Eberle
    September 10, 2009 at 7:08 am

Barack Obama went before Congress and the American people (again) on Wednesday night in an effort to push health care reform. He has bet the farm on passage of this legislation, and he can't understand why the American people aren't listening.

The problem with Obama is that he is driven by a left-wing ideology which is dead set against America's capitalist roots. Rather than building an America that is self reliant, he wants to build a new wave of dependency by taking from some and giving to others... knowing that the "others" will then vote for him in the future. The problem is that Americans are seeing the arrogance and ideology at work, and are saying "No!" As Sen. Jim DeMint noted, on the other hand, what Barack Obama is saying is, "Be quiet America, Washington knows best."

Washington (aka Obama) knows best? The American people certainly don't think so. As noted in a new Associated Press poll, "public disapproval of President Barack Obama's handling of health care has jumped to 52 percent." I'm sure he is stunned. This is his signature issue... a way that he can pay back cronies, build a constituency, AND move more power to the government. And yet, a majority of Americans oppose how he is doing it. That should send a strong message.

What should also be mentioned about the poll is that it is not just health care where Obama is losing the American people:

Obama's marks are also poor on the economy, with 52 percent saying they disapprove of how he's handled that issue. A similar number disapprove of his handling of taxes, some of which may rise to help finance his health overhaul. And 56 percent dislike his handling of the budget deficit, which has skyrocketed under the costs of the financial bailouts and a recession that has caused sinking federal revenues.

What strikes me about Obama's speech is the same thing that strikes me in every speech he makes. He really thinks the American people are too dumb to see the difference between what he is doing and what he is saying. In last night's speech, Obama said:

Well the time for bickering is over. The time for games has passed. Now is the season for action. Now is when we must bring the best ideas of both parties together, and show the American people that we can still do what we were sent here to do. Now is the time to deliver on health care.

Bickering and games? Bring the best ideas of both parties together? What a joke! He has presented a left-wing plan and even said that Democrats will go it alone. This is not someone who sounds one bit interested in getting the best ideas from both parties.

In addition, Obama took on two issues where he said "radio and cable talk shows" are making "bogus claims spread by those whose only agenda is to kill reform at any cost."

The best example is the claim ... that we plan to set up panels of bureaucrats with the power to kill off senior citizens. Such a charge would be laughable if it weren't so cynical and irresponsible. It is a lie, plain and simple. There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false -- the reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally.

First, we have already seen how the Obama administration is promoting "throw in the towel" counseling in the VA. Second, there are no enforcement mechanisms in place to ensure that American tax funds are not going to pay for health care for illegal aliens. So, Obama can stand before the American people and say it, but when illegal aliens do get benefits, he will not stop it.

Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) had enough of Obama at that moment, shouting out "you lie." As noted in The Hill, "Obama glared disgustedly in the direction the remark came from, as did Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Vice President Joe Biden."

Later in the evening, Wilson issued an apology:

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the president's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill," Wilson said.

"While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."

Sen. John McCain joined with other Democrats in calling for Wilson's apology.

A message to Barack Obama: Washington does not know best! And... as anyone can see over the past month, America will no longer be quiet. We have had enough... enough of politics as usual, enough of big government plans, enough of spending, and enough of the "chosen one."

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=1905
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A real good read. Thanks Airborne.

This reminds me of when Al Gore said that the time for the global warming debate is over:
    Well the time for bickering is over. The time for games has passed. Now is the season for action.
    As soon as sometime tells me these kind of things, something triggers in my head. It makes me think that I need to pay very close attention.

Why is it that government officials think they always know better than us little people? Clearly they forget who works for whom...
    I would never be so arrogant as to move to another country and expect them to change for me.