Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

R.I getting sucked dry

Terry Gorman, the executive director of Rhode Islanders for Immigration Law Enforcement (RIILE) spoke this past Thursday evening at the Portsmouth Multi Purpose Senior Center at an event entitled "How Illegal Immigration Affects Rhode Islanders' Pocketbooks."

Gorman gave a lengthy speech delving into the issues that surround illegal immigration and how Rhode Island has become a hub for people in search of care.

According to Gorman, the social services helping illegal immigrants are costing Rhode Island at least $441 million per year and the biggest expense starts with education.

Gorman began with a story of the schools in Pawtucket a few years back, when 264 children showed up on the first day of school unannounced. The superintendent of the school wrote an article about how 200 showed up at Shea High School and 64 at Slater Junior High School. Nobody knew where they came from and the majorities of them were non-English speaking and had never been at a school a day in their life, Gorman said.

"The year that this happened, the Pawtucket school system was in the hole $6.5 million," said Gorman. "If you go there, there are a large number of interpreters and a large number of aides that go from school to school to help out the children and help out the teachers. All of this is an extra burden on the community. I don't know what the solution is."

Gorman proceeded to talk about the other three major expenses that are weighing down Rhode Islander pockets, which according to RIILE, include RiteCare, uncompensated medical care and the Adult Correctional Institutions (ACI) incarcerations.

Gorman gave an example of illegal immigrants who come to Rhode Island pregnant.

"Women can come to Rhode Island three, four, five, six months pregnant illegally however they get here," he said. "They go right down and get an advocate in Providence. The advocate takes them down to the department of human services. They are given an interpreter who we provide who gives them the choice of Blue Cross, United Health, Neighborhood Health or Tufts.

"While they are accepted into this program they are given free prenatal care right up until they have the baby. They are given a cash card with $440 a month to spend as they please. They are given another card which is up to $275 a month in food stamps to spend on food and when the baby is born, the baby is a U.S. citizen."

According to RIILE, hospitals and low-income housing are burdened with the influx of undocumented citizens and as a result, U.S. citizens are taking the backseat, he said.

"If they are legal immigrants than more power to them, cause that's what built our country," Gorman said. "We want people to come and learn the system and get assimilated and become citizens.

"Look at the latest people who have become so successful. Look at all the legal Portuguese immigrants that came here and look where they are now.

"But when they came here they never went down to city hall or to the hospitals and demanded an interpreter. They brought someone down there that could interpret for them."

http://portsmouth.patch.com/articles/do ... rs-wallets

They as well as California and other states have brought this upon themselves by letting this infection spread.(N Carolina as well) When will they wake up?

Meanwhile on Capital Hill,everything is just honky dory. Business as usual.

Bravo Mr Gorman. Tell it like it really is out there in the world
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

No Califronians did not bring this on themselves-we did try

All of the politicans are so worried about the latino vote-they dont give a damn what we think. We voted for prop 187 but the Governor messed that one up. We have been trying to get people in office to take care of this for a while. Here in California if you publicly speak up against this stuff you need to worry about your property and family (I am a single mother with 2 grade school children) especially the small town I live in. You have seen the pro-illegal crowds on TV that is nothing when you try to stand up against them. As a child we had to move out of the city I lived in because I was a target of their violence in 7th grade. Yeah, 7thy grade I had to worry about being beat up or killed until we could afford to move. The police and/or my sister would pick ma upfrom school everyday. That is pathetic.. I may also mention that most if not all of these people were American citizens but always chanted "Viva La Raza" and "Chicano Power" The small town I move to 6000 people has now been overrun with with another 6000 and we have no new housing and no new classrooms. We never had a bit of traffic anywhere and now we are congested. I am trying to save the money to get out of here before my kids have problems. Our schools were top of the line and now they are below average because testing of the newer students is reflected in that score. Our schools aren't worse our students are. Our local WIC office is jammed packed with people getting these services. UGH, this makes me so mad. We are broke and we are handing our last dime to illegals who are only here for a handout. A lot of people have left California because of these reasons, but there are a few of us left that are still trying to save our state and keep our families safe at the same time. And when they tell you the border traffic is slowing down, it is running full speed ahead in the anticipation of an OBAMAI amnesty! It is the politicans that ruined California not her patriots.

Sorry to hear your situation loulou. That has got to be tough out there. And GOD BLESS!I hope you find a way out or that we can change things in November and have politicians that will DO SOMETHING. They are the ones that have TRULY created this mess!

When I mentioned about states doing this to themselves,I did not mean the PEOPLE of those said states BUT THE POLITICIANS in the states with the help of our federal government. And we CAN NOT FORGET the companies that hire these ILLEGAL ALIENS.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

i feel for you loulou ... and what alot of people don't realise is that as soon as CALI can no longer sustain them , the illegals will decend on the rest of the country like a massive wave , lookig for the best states with top tier benfits ...

They are already most everywhere. California is getting too crowded and illegals are having trouble getting jobs, so they are running all over our country.
    It's like a lot of things, if it happens gradually you don't notice, then one day you wake up and wonder what the hell happened. Our government has been in this and knows exactly what they are doing to promote this. Just what are states going to do? No one that can help is listening.
    Finally someone is waking up and they talk about it and others notice it and then it spreads. One state starts to see what illegal immigration is doing to them, they want something done, then other states are saying HEY! what about us?
    It has never been about the people in California, it's about California. The state that unfortunately has been crying for help and no one did anything.
    It's a freaking mold that is growing and spreading.

what state isnt getting sucked dry ???

send the bill to mexico