Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

R.I. gov names panel to monitor order on illegal immigrants

R.I. gov names panel to monitor order on illegal immigrants
    June 6, 2008
    PROVIDENCE, R.I.—Gov. Don Carcieri has appointed 27 people to sit on an advisory panel that will monitor the effects of his executive order cracking down on illegal immigrants.

more stories like thisThe members announced Friday include members of the clergy, representatives of community service agencies, government groups, law enforcement and business leaders.

Carcieri agreed to create the advisory group after the Roman Catholic bishop of Providence and other members of the clergy warned Carcieri that his order was scaring immigrants and could lead to racial profiling.

The governor's order requires state agencies and firms doing business with the state to use a federal database to verify the immigration state of new hires. It also requires state police and prison officials to identify illegal immigrants for possible deportation.

www.boston.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope the governor doesn't back down once the inevitable whining starts from the OBL/cheap labor lobby. The good citizens of RI want their laws enforced and their teenagers to be able to find summer jobs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The members announced Friday include members of the clergy, representatives of community service agencies, government groups, law enforcement and business leaders.
    Rather 'stacked' isn't it?

Carcieri agreed to create the advisory group after the Roman Catholic bishop of Providence and other members of the clergy warned Carcieri that his order was scaring immigrants and could lead to racial profiling.
    Doesn't the Church racially profile by having Spanish Masses? By having Hispanic outreach programs?
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)