Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Race baiting: the new (deadly) McCarthyism

By Mike McGarry
    May 31, 2005

Print Email

“I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of a racist organization.â€? â€â€

[quote]I was also confident in my knowledge that results from focus groups show that most Americans now just roll their eyes and sigh a big, “Oh, boy, here we go again!â€? when the race baiters reveal just how desperately impoverished they know their positions to be, by pulling out the hackneyed boogeyman of â€â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

People like McGarry who have been fighting this fight for years had a lot of courage to speak out in the face of all the hatred.

The hate is still there of course but the open borders advocates that preach it are becoming increasingly marginalized as the public becomes better informed about the immigration issue.

Now that immigration reform is beginning to win politically there is, not unexpectedly, a new wave of hysteria on the part of the open borders advocates.

Even "respectable" figures like Cardinal Mahony (see LA Times opinion page June 1 2005) are jumping into this sewer.

But, by now its power to intimidate those of us working for a future for Americans and for social justice is not very strong, and the primary effect is to make those who are engaging it look like the buffoons that they truly are (including the good Cardinal).

The one concern I do have is that a handful of the most extreme on the open borders side are now engaging in violence. I sincerely hope that does not escalate.

I'm sure the rank and file open borders advocates are aghast at that violence; they may engage in sleazy conduct in their op-ed writings and the like, but out and out violence I believe most of them strongly oppose, plus they know that it only makes their side look even worse than it alread does.