Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Racist Traitor Gutierrez Threatens Tancredo

http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/?p=771

Rocky Mountain News

Rep. Tom Tancredo and an Illinois congressman traded charges of racism during a heated confrontation following a televised appearance on immigration reform, their congressional offices confirmed Thursday.

Tancredo, R-Colo., is a leading advocate of tougher enforcement of laws affecting illegal immigrants and those who hire them.

Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., the son of Puerto Rican parents, calls Tancredo’s approach an ‘ugly policy’ motivated by racism.

On Wednesday, they appeared together on CNBC. But when the cameras stopped rolling, the debate continued with a spat first reported by the Capitol Hill newspaper Roll Call.

Gutierrez’s office said Tancredo aggressively continued the discussion off camera and tried to slow Gutierrez as he tried to reach an elevator.

Tancredo spokesman Will Adams, who was present, said Gutierrez was the aggressor.

There was little dispute about the words exchanged, however, as recounted by Roll Call:

At one point, Gutierrez reportedly asked Tancredo if he had ever eaten in a restaurant.

‘How could you eat from the plates touched by those nasty illegal immigrants?’ Gutierrez said.

He then asked Tancredo, ‘Have you ever eaten an orange? A grape?’ - an apparent reference to illegal farm workers.

He then repeated the phrase several times as Tancredo tried to answer: ‘An orange, a grape, an orange, a grape, an orange, a grape.’

Gutierrez, who has a cast on a foot, reportedly walked toward an elevator, but Tancredo tried to stop him by putting his hand on his shoulder. Gutierrez reportedly demanded: ‘Get your hand off me!’

Adams said Tancredo had done little more than tap him on the shoulder.

Gutierrez said to Tancredo: ‘You racist! You bigot!’

Tancredo told Gutierrez: ‘You look in the mirror if you want to see a racist.’

Gutierrez and staff members finally got on the elevator, while Tancredo and his team took the stairs.

When they met again on the first floor, Gutierrez told his staff, ‘Better hurry up - the KKK is coming,’ according to Roll Call.

Gutierrez accused Tancredo of following him, although Adams said they needed to use the same exit because Tancredo’s office is across the street.

Just outside, Gutierrez said to aides within

Tancredo’s earshot: ‘I thought about hitting him, but then I thought, ‘What if I (expletive) kicked his ass,’ ‘ the newspaper reported.

Asked if Tancredo wanted an apology, Adams said, ‘It would be nice if he apologized. We’re not expecting that from somebody who threatens to beat people up.’

Asked if Gutierrez wanted an apology, spokesman Scott Frotman said, ‘He’s not going to ask Mr. Tancredo for an apology, but Mr. Tancredo may think about apologizing to all the immigrants that he scapegoats and ridicules.’

This is outrageous! Gutierrez should apologize for threatening another member of congress with violence and he should do it from the floor!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds to me like Gutierrez lost it.

This was on tv? Did anyone see it?

The racist comments are getting old, worn out and weak. Guess if a person knows they are backing breaking our laws that is the best shot they have - 'racist.'

Go Tom Tancredo! He is on the side of law and common sense.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Didn't this incident quite a while ago? No date is given of the news story
    itself.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Racist Traitor Gutierrez Threatens Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    Didn't this incident quite a while ago? No date is given of the news story
    itself.
    Looks an article from March, 2006.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... +gutierrez

I was about to add this as our top story on the homepage but noticed there is NO LINK.

Can someone please find me a link to this article so I can add it to the homepage?

W

I am not finding this story on Google News search or at http://www.rockymountainnews.com/

PM sent to skippy for source info.

W

had_enuf is right

Looks an article from March, 2006.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... +gutierrez
    I called Tencredo's office and the staffer told me it happened on March 16, 2006.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Folks, let's remember there is a double standards when it comes to Democrats. Robert Byrd can use the "n" word and barely a notice. McKinney can slap a police officer and no charges. So it only figures this Democrat can threatned violence, and the media is silent. By the way, I love the name Skippy. I have a kitty named Skippy

Wow! This is an important story and it is not in our main archives. I missed the importance of this story when it first ran. I dont think I read the threat part.

W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast