Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are the raids for show?

Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

The raids are a smoke and mirror tactic. IMO, our govermnent, especially JORGE will say very soon, "Now I've given the people their raids, its time for them to give us our precious amnesty. I've kept up my part of the bargain."

Congressman Tancredo says it very clearly in his book, In Mortal Danger.
    He states, "We have the will to seal the border tomorrow, what we lack is the political will." And he's quite correct in that statement.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

From the link above:

I Thought So

CNN:

Our president told the Guatemalan people that the American people “need to be persuaded” that the U.S. government takes seriously its responsibility to secure our national borders before passing so-called comprehensive immigration reform. I almost got sick to my stomach as I heard President Bush try to explain that he couldn’t just throw the borders wide open because his foolish fellow citizens truly believe that their president has first an obligation to secure the nation and the safety of all Americans.

Savage was wondering last night if the recent glut of ICE raids and actual immigration law enforcement was really in good faith. I knew then that they were being done as propaganda ploys to grease the skids for President Bush’s soft amnesty. Lou Dobbs’s op-ed here just proved me correct. If his soft amnesty passes, all these enforcement raids will stop.

In other words, President Bush is telling Guatemalans and others, “Chill out, hombre. I only have to do this to trick the dumbarses into giving me what I want and what you want, and that’s essentially open borders.”

The president concluded his trip in Mexico, where he met with President Felipe Calderon. And for the first time in more than five years, I can honestly say the Mexican government is doing a few things right. President Calderon, in office less than four months, has strongly challenged the drug cartels wreaking havoc in Northern Mexico and even sent a dozen drug cartel and gang leaders to the United States to stand trial.

Yes, and one of them helped put two U.S. Border Patrol agents in prison.

One thing that Calderon and others like him in Mexico and Latin America are correct about is that one of the big factors for the drug cartel flourishing there is the market for illicit drugs in the United States. Honestly, Latin Americans aren’t big into American street drugs, mainly because they’re too poor to afford them.