Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ralph's Supports "Awareness Day"

This is an internal memo from Dave Hirz, President of Ralphs supermarkets.

"I have heard that many of you are concerned about the ongoing national debate regarding potential changes in our country's immigration laws and policies. We also believe that law-abiding and hard-working immigrants deserve fair treatment and an opportunity to enjoy the American Dream. We support plans that give immigrants and their families opportunities for citizenship, including legislation that does all of the following:

- Provides qualified undocumented immigrants now in our country a way to earn legal status

- Increases control of our borders

- Provides for a temporary worker program

- Creates an enforcement program that imposes effective penalties for employers who violate the new laws"

"If you are considering participating in 'Awareness Day' on May 1, I encourage you to tell your supervisor or Store Director in advance so that we can make arrangements to properly serve our Customers."

"As you make a personal choice as to how you participate or support this Awareness Event, please conduct youself in a manner that supports our strategy and keeps our business growing."

E-mail: davehirz@ralphs.com

phone: (310) 884-4100

fax: (310) 884-2505
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

I don't know where Ralph's is but it is no place I'd want to patronize.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ralph's is in Southern California. I don't know where else. But I will DEFINITELY be be passing the word. There are plenty of other grocery stores around town to patronize.

Yeah!! Tell everyone to boycott Ralphs

I already sent my email to this guy and I told him i was going to buy my groceries somewhere else and that i was going to encourage everybody to do the same thing

This is what I sent:

"NH to davehirz
    Dear Mr. Hirz,

Due to your recent position regarding illegal immigration and your support to those who break the laws of the United States of America, I have decided to stop shopping at Ralphs and I will encourage my family, neighbors and friends to do the same thing.
    Unless you change your position and you see the United States as a country and not as a market, I will change my mind; otherwise, i will buy my groceries somewhere else."
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

Ralph's

I will now be boycotting Ralph's, and any other Grocery Store that is a subsidiary. I know that Krogers owns a lot of different stores including Fred Meyers, and Quality Food Centers, I will be checking into see if Ralph's is also part of Kroger. If so I WILL Boycott all of the above stores. Do Not Hire Illegals!!!!

I used to live near san Diego so this is from memory but I think Ralphs, Kroeger, Food 4 Less and King Sooper are all the same company. FYI.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

It appears I am quickly running out of places to shop that don't support illegal aliens:

The Kroger Co. operates grocery retail stores under the following banners:

Supermarkets - Kroger, Ralphs, Dillons, Smith's, King Soopers, Fry's, QFC, City Market, Hilander, Owen's, Jay C, Cala Foods/Bell Markets, Pay Less, Baker's, Gerbes
    Multi-department stores - Fred Meyer, Fry's Marketplace, Smith's Marketplace, Kroger Marketplace
    Price-impact warehouse stores - Food 4 Less, Foods Co

You can contact the following as well as Dave Hirz

Kroger Contacts:
    Media: Lynn Marmer
    (513) 762-4441

Investor: Carin Fike
    (513) 762-4969

You can email kroger.investors@kroger.com that address is for investors, but I guess it could be used to advise that you plan to no longer invest in their corporation by purchasing your groceries elsewhere.