Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Raza Studies" Defy American Values

Comments are being left at the source link.
    ~~

"Raza Studies" Defy American Values

July 2, 2008
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (National Review Online) This column was written by Liam Julian.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The name of the nation’s most visible, self-defined Latino civil-rights organization, the National Council of La Raza, translates as the National Council of The Race. The official website denies it, of course, but we have dictionaries. That controversial term - La Raza - is gaining currency: Some K-12 public schools now teach something called “Raza Studies.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I sent this to several Senators and asked them where is the oversight and where is the head of the dept of Education? I also told them NO MORE TAXPAYER FUNDS TO LA RAZA!!!

I also sent to several MSM stations, we shall see if the have the courage to report on this!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

From what I've read, "raza studies" is actually mexican studies, not latin studies. How do people from other latin american countries feel about this? Why would someone NOT from mexico give a hoot about mexico?? That's pure discrimination! Do they offer Guatamalan studies? Vietnamese studies? Laratsa is not about latinos, it's about and for mexicans only. Once latinos from other countries start realizing this, there will be a power struggle within latratsa's ranks.

In addition, schools already teach world cultures, there is no need to teach mexican culture as a separate course, what a waste of time!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

And what state does McCain represent? Arizona, of course!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In addition, schools already teach world cultures, there is no need to teach mexican culture as a separate course, what a waste of time!
    They are spending more time on other cultures, that our kids don't know our own basic history. There is no need for this to be a class in public schools.......this is a college specialty subject for in-depth study. Like in depth to "Womans History" or Ancient history or Russian history etc.

I don't remember what state it was but it seems the American History classes have become nothing more than a hatred of white people and America. They don't even balance it to see why all these immigrants came here or what their life was like in their home land. Most FLED from worse conditions than what they came in to. Their own home countries were filled with more attrocities than we have ever done.

This LaRaza needs to have a halt put to it and no more tax funding. They are nothing more than a hate group and brown supremicy for Mexico.

Guess this ticks me off because they had a segment on Fox about Raising Patriotic Americans.......book for ideas of celebrating America and our history to share with our children. Why? Because kids don't even know who George Washington is and learn nothing of our history and it's our job to fill the huge blank. I agree our history was taught rather one sided years ago and left out our rough spots.....but it's become a white bashing America hating class with no balance. My kids had MLK drilled into them and never knew who Abraham Lincoln was or anything till I had to teach them. I was watching the Cubs game last night and they had a segment honoring local Military.....then they asked for all vetrans in the crowd to stand to be honored. It was a multitude of people from every race......I saw more than one wiping tears from their eyes. One hit me....it was an African-American...he was crying so hard he could barely keep his hand over his heart. Even with all our mistakes, we have made such progress and I'm sick to death of this bashing.....because even that man was proud of his country. SOME people in this country failed others, but we used to be able to count on our country not to fail us and our pride to pull us together no matter what.

And wouldn't you know it, just as Texas2step pointed out.....once again.....more information for Americans to hear about coming from the state of Arizona, where John McCain is a senator!

Here's a link to an upcoming event regarding "Raza Studies"

http://instech.tusd.k12.az.us/Raza/index.asp