Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re:I hope he runs

I found this interesting thread and thought ALIPAC Members might want to add a comment or two.
    http://www.phxnews.com/comment.php?cid=67263

Re:I hope he runs... (Score:1)
    By TemperBay on Sunday July 10, 2005 at 11:26 am MST (#67263)

Tom Tancredo is indeed our most vocal supporter for fighting illegal immigration, and a great many of us would very much like to see those views held by the man sitting in the Oval Office.

However - remember -

Tancredo was a political and newsworthy 'nobody' and was running out of time in his last term. He had promised he would limit his terms in office and then step down.

As his political end loomed, whether with a 'what difference does it make now' attitude or a slip of the tongue, Tancredo made a few firebrand comments about illegal aliens, and suddenly micraphones were being shoved in his face, newspapers and reporters were asking his opinion, his views, he made headlines, his name and picture were in papers across the country.

Tom Tancredo was suddenly a 'big name', he was somebody, he was 'important', and Tom Tancredo decided that perhaps he should rethink 'his word' to the people. Since then Tancredo has been much a 'one issue' politician.

This one issue won't get him into the Whitehouse. He has to address many, many other issues. Before we leap into this waterhole we need to test the bottom, we need to take a look at the whole man. He may indeed be just the medicine we need in America, or he could turn out to be just as shallow as the fool we have now.
    [ Reply | In Reply To ]
    Pigs In Charge (Score:1)
    By zoo on Sunday July 10, 2005 at 12:30 pm MST (#67270)

The reason this country is railroading to a Mexican shithole is pure greed. Bush and congress are on the take from the illegal immigration profiteers. Tom Tancredo could easily roll over and go on the take himself. But he hasn't. He has made himself an "outcast" for refusing to join the majority and sell America to the third world. I have met Tom and he is a wonderful, humble individual.

Illegal immigration is destroying this country. If Tom Tancredo doesn't run or isn't successful, you can kiss everything else goodbye. There isn't anyone else.
    [ Reply | In Reply To ]
    Re:Pigs In Charge (Score:1)
    By BajaRat on Sunday July 10, 2005 at 5:53 pm MST (#67292)
    (http://www.libertypost.com)

George Bush is a Bill Clinton clone posing as some looney bible-thumper. This country hasn't had a decent president since Dwight D. Eisenhower, but George W. Bush really takes the cake when it comes to lying, vile traitors. The man is by far the worst president this nation has ever seen.

Our nation is flooded with loathsome illegal aliens, gas prices are through the roof (funny that Jorge and his inbred family are all in kahoots with the Saudis), and the economy is in the crapper. Bush has got to go, he has to go immediately, and then he must be be tried for treason and dealt with accordingly.....HARSHLY.

Tancredo is the only answer. The Bush's are the scum of the earth, and there hasn't been a decent Dem since Christ lost his sandals.
    [ Reply | In Reply To ]
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I think that he can expand his stance on illegal immigration to a number of things that would be extremely popular amongst Americans today.

1) Stop the outsourcing of jobs: this would resonate hugely with America's blue collar traditional Democrats who are really centrists. Also, it would force Congress to rethink NAFTA and CAFTA and the HUGE amount of red tape and heartburn both have caused for us.

2) Place our troops along the borders and seaports for security: Where would these troops come from? Iraq and Afghanistan, which would mean pulling out of those places.

3) Using the War on Terror to dictate foreign affairs : Hey, what could be a better deterrent to a terrorist attack than militarized borders, which Tancredo favors. But on top of that, recognizing who support us in this act and who don't already dictate foreign policy, so in this sense he wouldn't really have to deviate from Bush's policy.

He's already got a platform for a few huge issues eminating from his stance on criminal aliens. The only thing that I want to know is how he plans to address China evolving into the world's newest superpower and how to prevent it.