Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Received this Response from Senator Frist

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding comprehensive immigration reform. It is an honor to serve you as the Majority Leader of the United States Senate and a privilege to respond to your concerns.

Today there are 10 to 12 million undocumented aliens living in the United States, and many Americans believe that our immigration policies are in need of serious review. As a nation of immigrants who honor the rule of law, I believe we must make it a priority to secure our borders as a part of any effort to reform our immigration policies.

In order to address this issue I have introduced S. 2454, the Securing America’s Border Act, a billion-dollar down payment that focuses on border security and interior law enforcement and will enable the Senate to pursue comprehensive immigration reform. My proposal will add resources to border protection, give our immigration-enforcement officials new legal tools, invest in physical barriers and electronic surveillance equipment at the borders and make it easier for employers to ensure that they hire only citizens and legal residents. We need to make these investments because maintaining a secure border ranks among the most fundamental missions of any sovereign nation

While our country needs security at our borders in order to slow the flow of illegal immigration and enhance our national security, we still need to do more. A majority of the people who enter America illegally, after all, come here to work. Among other things, the full Senate will need to address ways we can balance security interests with our economy's labor needs. In the long term, our government needs to work on policies that encourage democracy and prosperity abroad which will also address our immigration crisis by reducing the number of people who feel that coming to the United States is their only option.

Let me be clear, I do not support amnesty, but I do understand the labor challenges facing our nation, and, as Majority Leader, I will continue to work with my colleagues to address this critical problem in the 109th Congress. On the basis of sound immigration policy, we can protect our borders, and continue to welcome legal immigrants, and in doing both we will improve the lives of all Americans.

Sincerely,

William H. Frist, M.D.
    Majority Leader
    United States Senate

<div align="center">Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
    John F. Kennedy
    </div>

My Reply to Senator Frist

Senator Frist -

Thank you for responding to my email.

However - I believe I need to dis-abuse you of a few erroneous notions.

1. You state in your email that: "Today there are 10 to 12 million undocumented aliens living in the United States..."

You should know as well as I that those numbers are more likely closer to 20-30 million.

2. You stated that: "our country needs security at our borders in order to slow the flow of illegal immigration..."

Wrong - Our country needs security at our borders to STOP THE FLOW of ILLEGAL ALIENS .
    They are "Illegal Aliens" not "immigrants".

3. You stated that: " A majority of the people who enter America illegally, after all, come here to work"

That's the point - they are here "illegally" --- to "work".
    Where is the part where they "come here to be Americans" ??
    See - that is the difference between an "Immigrant" and an "Alien".

4. You stated: "the full Senate will need to address ways we can balance security interests with our economy's labor needs"

You do not balance "Security Needs" with "Labor Needs" - Remember 9/11 ?? You are asking for more of the same.

5. You stated: "Let me be clear, I do not support amnesty..."

Let me be clear - The Majority of LEGAL American Taxpayers - DO NOT Support Amnesty. Amnesty DOES NOT Work.

6. You stated: "...but I do understand the labor challenges facing our nation..."

What ?? You think we don't understand or are incabale of understanding the "Labor Challenges" facing our nation ?

We have a shortage of unskilled labor ?? Here's a clue for you and your buddies on the Hill --

Stop Welfare Services for illegal aliens
    Quit allowing companies to hire illegals aliens
    Deport the illegal aliens - most will want want to leave by then anyway.

What ?? Now we really do have a shortage of Unskilled Labor ??

DO NOT Allow Welfare Recipients to vote. They are Wards of the state.
    Now STOP Welfare for the lazy bums who just dont want to get off the couch.

Still have a worker shortage ? I guess some businesses will be paying some folks some overtime.

Still Want Immigrants ?

Fine - ONLY Allow a "skilled, educated labor force" to enter the USA for the sole purpose of
    "Immigration and Naturalization" into an American Citizen. And only enough immigrants to keep
    the US population from decreasing.

----------------------------

The Latino protesters showed their true colors on their first march.
    Do not allow yourself or your fellow Senators to be deceived by the American flag waving from the second March.

We know that Latino Organizations like "La Raza, Aztlan, and Mechistas, as well as
    several communist front groups and the Mexican Consulates here in the states were
    behind organizing these protests.

Make no mistake - not one of these organizations are concerned about the welfare of the USA.
    Most of the Illegal Aliens from South of the border do not care about becoming a US Citizen.
    The protesters we saw are like many in the world today -- they hate us -- but they love our money.

Right now - we have apporimately 12-30 million illegal aliens in our nation that have no allegience to the United States .

What happens if we get into a war with Mexico ?? Could we fight Mexico and still watch our backs ??
    So much for "Balancing Security Needs with Labor Needs".

The Republicans and the Democrats had better grow some cohones and deal with the problem they have spent
    the last forty years creating. You are allowing our nation to be stolen right out from under our very noses.

Pleae Tell your friends on Capitol Hill. We all want what is best for America.
    But sometimes medicine needs to be taken without a spoonful of sugar.

Americans are tougher and smarter than the MSM and you politicians believe.
    TAKE The Lead on this issue and make the hard choices.
    ALLOW The American Citizens the dignity of voting for Leaders worthy of the American People.

Forget the MSM - they will never be on the side of America.
    Forget the UN - they hate America.
    Forget our enemies - they will hate America no matter what we do.
    Forget our allies - they will only pretend to like America when it suits their purposes.
    Forget the Lobbyists - they serve only their own interests - for good or ill.

FRAME the debate
    Yank the race card out from under the LEFTs feet

TRUST - The American Citizens
    IF the situation is dire -- tell them.
    DO Not try to minimize the problem.

Thank You.
    And God Bless

<div align="center">Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
    John F. Kennedy
    </div>

Obviously Frist hasn't done his homework, you would expect more from someone in his position. Even if it was an "Auto Response" it wasn't very well thought out. Not very comforting is it?

It is an honor to serve you as the Majority Leader of the United States Senate and a privilege to respond to your concerns.
    gee, the American people throught he was actually serving the illegals and Vincente Fox
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"