Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    [quote]Three affected by ICE raid speak out

Posted: 9/29/2007
    STORY CHAT(read or post comments)
    advertisement

Three affected by ICE raid speak out

Luther Mack: Criticism from Hispanics hurts

Ault: UNR win over UNLV 'a defining game'

Last-minute TD leads Wolf Pack over UNLV

Body of missing Stampede angler found

Pack takes 10-3 half lead on 90-yard pass

Halftime: UNR 10, UNLV 3

Related news from the Web

Tijuana, Mexico
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    World News
    Mexico
    Baja California, Mexico
    Jalisco, Mexico
    Powered by Topix.net

advertisement

Besides having Spanish surnames and living in Northern Nevada, Guadalupe Plascencia Baldenegro, MarĂ*a Enriqueta Arce and Benancio Aguirre have very little in common, except for on thing: they are living in fear of the repercussions an immigration raid Thursday will have on their families.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers raided 11 McDonald’s restaurants and other businesses, apprehending 54 people suspected of entering the United States illegally.
    Baldenegro was one of those arrested and later released.
    She came to the United States three years ago and has since formed a family with Bernardo Galicia and an 8-month-old baby, Kevin. When she lived in her native city of Guadalajara, Mexico, Baldenegro, 37, worked at a warehouse that produced amplifier parts.
    able to come (to the United States), save a little money and go back (to my country),â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wow, dyehard, that is a lot of articles, thanks. And plenty of comments are being left after each one too.

Let's put some if them here, hope I don't dup.

Three affected by ICE raid speak out

September 29, 2007

Besides having Spanish surnames and living in Northern Nevada, Guadalupe Plascencia Baldenegro, MarĂ*a Enriqueta Arce and Benancio Aguirre have very little in common, except for on thing: they are living in fear of the repercussions an immigration raid Thursday will have on their families.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers raided 11 McDonald’s restaurants and other businesses, apprehending 54 people suspected of entering the United States illegally.
    Baldenegro was one of those arrested and later released.
    She came to the United States three years ago and has since formed a family with Bernardo Galicia and an 8-month-old baby, Kevin. When she lived in her native city of Guadalajara, Mexico, Baldenegro, 37, worked at a warehouse that produced amplifier parts.
    able to come (to the United States), save a little money and go back (to my country),â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The one county that got rid of illegals and we are told that they want them back to re-employ them because their was a shotage of workers should just be patient. It has been one way for so long, that it takes time to change. Hurray for ICE. "Our only crime was coming here to work" THEY ARE ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL That was your crime. GOOOOOOOOOOOOD BYE. If you were really concerened about losing and spliting up your family you would have stayed where you were. Now maybe our higih school kids can get a job at McDonalds and I can finally get my order right and have someone understand me when I order my food. I am tired of trying to fight for understanding when I am shopping, listening to some stupid INDIAN trying to tell me I have no choice but to talk to him. I am tired of pressing one for Enlglish, two for Spanish. I want my country back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Clinton gets in she will make federal employees become bi-lingual. Isn't that unconstitutuional? This is an English speaking country. It has been that way since it was formed. It will be a cold day in hell , I hope, before someone tells me I have to learn another language to hold a job in this country. Heaven help us if Clinton is our Pres.

"This land belongs to God and not to the United States" Cortez said

By that logic, then God owns Mexico also. Yeah, that Mexico........the same one with one of the strictest, and most strictly enforced, immigration policies on the planet.

Cortez should know what he can do with that statement.

"Because of that reform that didn't pass, we're paying for it"

Once again, the US is to blame for the consequences of their illegal acts.

That's right, they're paying for it and in a big way. They'll also continue to pay for it because We the People will no longer be paying for them.

The arrogance of these people is beyond comprehension. Any one of them who doesn't like the fact that our laws are being enforced are free to leave.

Those who aren't smart enough to do so, are free to just stay put........ICE will be along to get them soon enough.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was trying to find an article about Luther Mack in the Reno Gazette Journal;

Area McDonald's owner a comminity Leader.

"In october 200r, Much said he would have a harder time recruiting workers if a law was pass to curtail the number of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS in the area."

"Without the foreign workers in the food service industry, you probably wouldn't have any workers," Mack said.
    Mac said in 2006 that he has always strived to hire teenager minorities to give them their first taste of responsibility."

"We are an equal opportunity employer. We remain committed to diversity and will continue to hire, train and promote a diverse work force."

Luther is only looking out for himself by hiring cheap labor and he was aware that most of them were illegal. Cheap labor made him millions and as far a community leader, he forgot were he came from. I have known Luther for years and he use to hire Afro-American teenagers but now his employees are mainly Hispanic.
    Years ago he married a Mexican and I am sure that has a lot to do with his hiring of Hispanic.

The Reno newspaper made some excelent points in their editorial.

Big immigration question: What happens next?

Nevada Appeal Editorial
    September 30, 2007

Was the immigration raid Thursday on local McDonald's restaurants the opening shot in a battle that will finally solve this problem in Northern Nevada? Or was it nothing more than an isolated enforcement action that will soon be forgotten as we return to business as usual?

It's difficult to say at this juncture, but one thing became very clear after last week's raids in Reno and elsewhere: A little bit of enforcement goes a long way. While about 50 people were detained after the raids, many more undocumented workers decided not to go to work the next day. In other words, to solve the illegal alien problem there is no need to round up all undocumented workers. The mere threat of enforcement by ICE could be all that is needed to convince illegal aliens that it is not worth the effort it takes to cross the border. That's something that was also demonstrated in the agricultural fields of California, where the lack of farmworkers, deterred by stepped up enforcement, left some crops to rot.

But it appears that no further enforcement is forthcoming here, as ICE says it does not conduct random raids, only those resulting from investigations.

The other thing that Thursday's raids proved is that our existing laws can be effective if enforced. A broken system is not the problem; rather, it's a lack of commitment that goes directly to President Bush. The nation's economy is becoming more and more dependent on the cheap labor provided by undocumented workers, something that's also true in Nevada. In other words, being anti-illegal immigration equates to being anti-business, something the president is well aware of.

Unless he's able to make a tough choice, the enforcement we saw last week, and the ripple effect it created, may soon become little more than a memory.

http://www.nevadaappeal.com/apps/pbcs.d ... e=printart
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...