RECLAIM AMERICA: OUST POLITICIANS WHO SUPPORT ILLEGALS

By Michael Cutler
March 20, 2010
NewsWithViews.com

Formation of a new Congressional caucus- "Reclaiming American Jobs" co-chaired by Congressional Representative Lamar Smith. http://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/2010/0 ... _laws.html

Many of you may know that I have testified before more than a dozen Congressional hearings since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 in an effort to provide my perspectives and concerns based on my 30 years of experience as an INS officer. What you may not know is that I actually first testified before a Congressional hearing that was conducted by the House Subcommittee on Immigration and Claims on May 20, 1997 on the topic:

"VISA FRAUD AND IMMIGRATION BENEFITS APPLICATION FRAUD"

The link to the transcript of that hearing. http://commdocs.house.gov/committees/ju ... 195_0f.htm

That hearing was called for by Representative Lamar Smith who, at the time, chaired the subcommittee and was greatly concerned about how the terrorists who committed terrorist attacks in the United States in 1993 were able to enter our country and embed themselves after they arrived.

I have worked with Congressman Smith for more than 15 years on immigration-related issues and he has consistently demonstrated real leadership where the immigration issue is concerned and is continuing to demonstrate that leadership as the Ranking Republican on the House Judiciary Committee.

This coming Monday, March 22 I will be in Washington, in conjunction with the efforts of the caucus that Congressman Smith co-chairs, to provide insight and perspectives, along with other experts, to Congressional staffers, on the huge harm being done to our nation and especially the citizens and lawful immigrants of our nation who have lost their jobs to illegal aliens.

Each year our nation admits more than one million lawful immigrants who, by virtue of their lawful immigrant status are on the pathway to United States citizenship from the very moment that they acquire lawful immigrant status. This huge number of lawful immigrants actually exceeds the number of lawful immigrants of all of the other nations of the world, combined!

The need to secure our borders against illegal entry and illegal aliens is not an anti-immigrant issue but is, in fact a pro-immigrant position. Securing our borders against illegal aliens, among whom are criminals and, undoubtedly terrorists and supporters of terrorist activities protects our citizens and lawful immigrants alike from violence and the loss of jobs. This is, in fact the purpose behind our nation's immigration laws.

As I like to point out, the difference between and immigrant and an illegal alien is comparable to the difference between a houseguest and a burglar.

It is important that we support those relative few members of Congress, such as Lamar Smith, who stand behind the citizens of our nation, especially as other members of Congress seek to provide a disastrous massive amnesty program for millions of illegal aliens whose true identities, backgrounds, possible affiliations with criminal or terrorist organizations is unknown and unknowable. It is also worth noting that Comprehensive Immigration Reform cannot be administered by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in a manner that provides even a shred of integrity because that beleaguered agency is utterly unable to deal with its massive workload without getting slammed by the onslaught of applications that would result from Comprehensive Immigration Reform.

The consequence is that the rate of fraud in the system is nothing short of astronomical. To have USCIS attempt to deal with the administration of Comprehensive Immigration Reform would be comparable to having a wheel-chair bound patient on a respirator attempt to run the New York City marathon!

If our country is to survive and if our children and their children are to get their share of the "American Dream" the citizens of this nation must take their citizenship seriously!

We the People must be the best citizens we can be, citizens who are worthy of the gallantry demonstrated by our valiant men and women in the military, law enforcement and firefighters, who routinely go in harm's way in defense of this nation and our citizens.

My goal in writing this and other commentaries is to point out our nations many failings before more victims pay the ultimate price for the incompetence and ineptitude of our government.

The first step in problem-solving is to first identify the problems and vulnerabilities and then devise strategies to overcome them.

Any politician who refuses to work to secure our borders and create an immigration system that has integrity is either corrupt or too dumb to keep his (her) job. Any politician, irrespective of party affiliation who favors Comprehensive Immigration Reform and the outrageous betrayal that this would represent given the national security implications that this program would have, should be shown the door at the next election!

If you find yourself to be in agreement with this commentary, I ask that you forward it to as many of your friends and family members as possible and encourage them to do the same.

Later this year, each and every member of the House of Representatives is up for reelection. Later this year more than one third of the members of the United States Senate will have to face their constituents. They need to be reminded that they work for us, We the People!

However, the practice of good citizenship does not end in the voting booth, it only begins there.

The large scale apathy demonstrated by citizens of this nation has emboldened elected representatives to all but ignore the needs of the average American citizen in a quest for massive campaign funds and the promises of votes to be ostensibly delivered by special interest groups. There is much that we cannot do but there is one thing that We the People absolutely must do- we must stop sitting on the sidelines!

The collective failure of We the People to get involved in make our concerns known to our politicians have nearly made the concerns of the great majority of the citizens of this nation all but irrelevant to the politicians.I implore you to get involved!

If this situation concerns you or especially if it angers you, I ask you to call your Senators and Congressional "Representative. This is not only your right- it is your obligation!

All I ask is that you make it clear to our politicians that we are not as dumb as they hope we are!

We live in a perilous world and in a perilous era. The survival of our nation and the lives of our citizens hang in the balance.

This is neither a Conservative issue, nor is it a Liberal issue- simply stated, this is most certainly an AMERICAN issue!

http://www.newswithviews.com/Cutler/michael181.htm