Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Record number apply to become U.S. citizens

Record number apply to become U.S. citizens
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008
    Last updated: Wednesday August 6, 2008, EDT 6:55 PM
    BY ELIZABETH LLORENTESTAFF WRITER

The immigration service completed nearly 7,800 naturalization applications in May in New Jersey, the highest number in the state’s history, a senior service official said today.

The number is more than double that of May 2007, when the Newark district and a smaller, satellite office in South Jersey completed work on slightly more than 3,200, according to immigration data. New Jersey immigration officials say they expect to complete nearly 46,000 naturalizations by fall, the end of fiscal year 2008 – a historic peak.

“I think this is a record for this particular district,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

Stop ALL Immgration/Citizenship for now

Time to stop offering citizenship!
    We need to stop ALL immigration and offering citizenship until we can get a handle on this problem.
    1. When we are ready again we should allow limited visitors into our country and allow even less citizenship opportunities.
    2. I think that our country must enforce strict policies for those allowed to come into our country and even higher qualifications for the few people that are rewarded citizenship.
    3. The person must first pass heath/medical tests, then they must pass a criminal back ground check, they must have the equivalent of a high school diploma, and they must agree to study and use the English language while in our country.
    4. And then they must have a legal sponsor that agrees to take on the financial responsibility of the temporary person i.e. the American tax payers will not be responsible for the person ( or their family) even emergency health care, education for their children, and any social services for them.
    5. The visitor will also sign a statement stating that if they have children while they are on US soil they understand that the child will not be considered a US citizen but a citizen of their country of origin. And the US will not give that child rights, benefits and privileges allotted to US citizens.
    6.And we need to balance out the distribution of people from various countries i.e. it is not fair or logical for us to take all extended- time visitors and/ or invite citizenship to people that are primarily from the same part of the world. Currently, we have an imbalance of Hispanics that threaten to undermine the sovereignty of our country. Also, duel citizenship must no longer be accepted.
    7. Additionally, the person must have a job lined up prior to visiting our country, and they must work in area's that are occupation specific, that is, have skills, knowledge education in work area's that benefit America.
    8. We need professional people that have skills that won't compete with our work force. We want and deserve the best and the brightest.
    9. All workers must agree to pay US taxes for the opportunity to work in our country and use her resources.

Suffice it to say, I do think when we are in a better position to allow visitors i.e. potential citizens into our country, we should allow only those people that will help build our country to her former greatness. And in the interim send home, deport, provide no benefits for illegals (or their children). It is time for illegals and their children to leave and never come back. They have not earned the privilege to be American citizens.

In the past immigrants were people that had skills, professions and educational levels higher than the legal citizens in America....and the wonderful immigrants not only came to our country for a better life....they came to help us have a better life as well! As opposed to the "gimme attitude" of the illegals in our country now.

We must stop giving away our “citizen statusâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)