Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Red tape trips up hopes for green card

September 10, 2007 6:12 A.M.
    By Terrie Morgan-Besecker tmorgan@timesleader.co

Red tape trips up hopes for green card

Nicola Carara, a Jamaican who has worked with local church, says she’ll have to leave.

KINGSTON TWP. – To members of the Back Mountain Harvest Assembly Church, Nicola Carara is a loving, caring volunteer who has devoted her life to spreading the word of God.

She’s a mentor to the young and old alike, they say, someone who brings people to the Lord through her unique talents in creating multimedia productions that convey a powerful, Christian message.

But the U.S. government sees Carara as something else: an illegal immigrant.

Now, after spending thousands of dollars in an unsuccessful battle to obtain legal working papers, Carara, a native of Jamaica, said she will voluntarily depart the United States by the end of the month, even though she has not been officially ordered to do so.

“I cannot stay here and actively minister to people, especially kids, when I am not respecting the laws of the land,â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There are at least dozens of these stories being posted all over - the corporate shills have hired lobbyists and PR firms to do this. They are pushing for more immigration of white collar workers, that's why. Here, from the horse's mouth, are the terms under which many of them work:

I don't suppose mentioning a desi consultant exploiting a desi employee on H-1B would come to you as a complete surprise. Would it? Like many other Indians, I too came to US as a master's student. The study was great, but what followed was horrible. With jobs hard to find almost all of my friends had to suffer at the hands of desi consultants. Some wouldn't pay on time, some wouldn't pay at all, some wouldn't give vacations and some where just a**ho*es. Worst part? After 6 years, the situation hasn't changed a bit. These consultants still continue to exploit desis in the name of H1B. I hope one day they realize that there are other honest ways of making money, than harassing your own countrymen.

vvicky72

#2 Yesterday, 06:04 PM
    The way these companies are run is pathetic. I know a Desi employer who invested his revenues into Tollywood (Telugu) movies. Isn’t it amusing?

Most of these movies flopped and he didn't have any money to pay his employees. Some one complained to DOL and they blacklisted the company preventing them from processing anymore H1's or GC's. The Desi employer eventually started another company and went into the whole crappy business again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Right now I'm trying to find some figures that got posted elsewhere, about the expected growth in STEM jobs (science, technology, engineering, and math). If the pro-H-1B and pro-Green Card folks have their way, EVERY SINGLE new STEM job that comes open in America will be filled by a foreign national, because that's how many of these workers they are trying to import.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Also, back in 2001, when white collar workers were being laid off by thousands, 9 out of 10 IT jobs that opened up in America went to foreign workers. No wonder we're grumpy!