Video included at source

Reid Flip-Flopped on Illegals with the Unions
by Connie Hair

08/19/2010

A new video was unearthed of then plain old Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) railing against anchor babies in 1993, introducing a bill to end birthright citizenship for children of illegals.

Transcript:

If making it easy to be an illegal alien isn’t enough, how about offering a reward for being an illegal immigrant. No sane country would do that. Right? Guess again. If you break our laws by entering this country without permission and give birth to a child, we reward that child with U.S. citizenship and guarantee a full access to all public and social services this society provides, and that’s a lot of services.

Is it any wonder that two thirds of the babies born at taxpayer expense in this country’s county-run hospitals in Los Angeles are born to illegal alien mothers?

Since this news has come to light, Reid apologists have rushed forward to say Reid said he was sorry from the Senate floor back in 2006, a full 13 years after offering the bill.

“I do want to tell… my friends in the Senate, that is a low point of my legislative career, the low point of my governmental career,â€