Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reid: No quick vote on immigration bill

Published: June 8, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Reid: No quick vote on immigration bill

WASHINGTON, June 8 (UPI) -- U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid declared the immigration bill dead, at least temporarily, after it failed to get enough votes to cut off debate.
    Reid, D-Nev., said the compromise bill could be brought up again later this year, The New York Times reported.

The final vote Thursday night was 45-50, 15 votes short of the 60 needed for cloture.

Even some Republican backers of the bill, like Jon Kyl of Arizona, voted against ending debate. Kyl suggested conservative Republicans needed "a little more time" for amendments.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., one of the bill's most enthusiastic supporters, blamed right-wing radio talk shows for the debacle.

"I've listened to talk show hosts drumming up the opposition by using this word amnesty over and over and over again," Feinstein said. "I've never received more hate or more racist phone calls and threats."

The bill, which sets up a pathway for illegal immigrants already in the United States to become citizens, is backed by President Bush. But the provision is unpopular with many in the Republican base.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2 ... bill/6882/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Oh, poor, poor Senator Feinstein. Here she is in a state that is practically a total amnesty state, a state that spreads more illegals and has more gangs than any other state and she doesn't understand why she is being criticized!

She better wake up and realize that the rest of America has had enough of California's lax policies on immigration. Americans are sick of Diane's liberal special interest legislation that sucks the life out of our system. Thank heaven for the media that exposed the fallacies before this mess went through!!!!!

When I see Feinstein, Kennedy and Reid looking so sad...it brings a smile to my face from ear to ear.
    They don't realize that last night was only the first earth quake, now, they will be feeling the after shocks....over and over.

I'm loving this!! Triumph to Americans
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Did anyone see Feinstein talk yesterday on the floor?
    You could tell she was deeply disappointed and had such high praises for Kennedy.
    These people don't live in the everyday world the rest of us do.
    They belong to their own special elite club and are use to getting their own way.
    She lives in her mansion and is in a bubble world like the prez and many who have served in DC too long.
    Senators need term limits!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    "I've listened to talk show hosts drumming up the opposition by using this word amnesty over and over and over again," Feinstein said. "I've never received more hate or more racist phone calls and threats."
    Geez, so what if we do have talk show hosts "drumming up the opposition?" What about the liberal media, they've been beating your drum just as loudly, Sen. Feinstein. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Feinstein is an old bag of hot air and doesn't have a clue what is going on in the real world. She is one of my two worthless senators and I can't remember the last time she showed her droopy-dog mug in my part of the state. Furthermore, anyone who would have anything to do with Ted Kennedy can't be too bright.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Feinstein said. "I've never received more hate or more racist phone calls and threats."
    Wait till Senator Frankenstein gets chased by us peasants, with pitchforks and torches.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid declared the immigration bill dead, at least temporarily,
    I think it's on a resperator right now, and they think that when they take it off it's going to breath on it's own again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No no no Mrs. Feinstein.. Talk Radio helped but at the end of the day, The American people had the power and the will to fight against you and your insane bill..It is the will of the American People either you like it or not...Don't you see that?? As always, Democrats blame others for their defeats and actions.. This woman should resign immediately... California is in the tank because of people like these...
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

When I see Feinstein, Kennedy and Reid looking so sad...it brings a smile to my face from ear to ear.
    hehehe... When I see them..it comes to my mind the movie Jurassic Park lol!!
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast