Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Remarks about The Minuteman Project by Michael Chertoff

House Committee on Homeland Security hearing, July 25,2005. Testimony by Michael Chertoff, Secty. Homeland Security - Cspan. Transcribed by AuntB

Sheila Jackson Lee (D) Texas: “...That is this question of volunteers..... What is the department doing about monitoring the potential violence at the border,monitoring the growth of the Minutemen movement, and answering their concerns which is dealing with comprehensive immigration reform and security at the borders?�

Secty. Chertoff: “ ....As it relates the the Minutemen, I guess what I can say is this. Obviously this is a free country, people can demonstrate and express their views. On the other hand, I do believe that enforcement of the law is a job for professionals.

As you pointed out, the border is a dangerous place......I do not think the border is a place for people to operate in an untrained fashion. I do think the border patrol ought to be allowed to focus its resources on what its principal mission is, which is policing the border and making sure we have border security.� (snip) The entire transcript is available here:

DHS Sec. Chertoff House Testimony on Department Reorganization (07/25/2005) CSpan http://www.cspan.org/
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

Re: Remarks about The Minuteman Project by Michael Chertoff

Quote Originally Posted by AuntB

House Committee on Homeland Security hearing, July 25,2005. Testimony by Michael Chertoff, Secty. Homeland Security - Cspan. Transcribed by AuntB

Sheila Jackson Lee (D) Texas: “...That is this question of volunteers..... What is the department doing about monitoring the potential violence at the border,monitoring the growth of the Minutemen movement, and answering their concerns which is dealing with comprehensive immigration reform and security at the borders?�

Secty. Chertoff: “ ....As it relates the the Minutemen, I guess what I can say is this. Obviously this is a free country, people can demonstrate and express their views. On the other hand, I do believe that enforcement of the law is a job for professionals.
    Hey, Moron...you're right! This is a free country...but there 'aint no "on the other hand" to it, got it? This is a free country period. WE decide what happens here.

You, Sir, need a visit from the Pink-Slip Posse!!

[quote:3osdrnh3]As you pointed out, the border is a dangerous place......I do not think the border is a place for people to operate in an untrained fashion. I do think the border patrol ought to be allowed to focus its resources on what its principal mission is, which is policing the border and making sure we have border security.�
    [/quote:3osdrnh3]

Yeah well....anytime you can demonstrate you know how to do that; are willing to do it; and do it....I'm sure these American Citizens called Minute Men will be more than happy to return home to their normal daily lives. But tell me one thing....how do you intend to police the border and make sure we have border security when your actions and those of your big boss in the big house are to ELIMINATE OUR BORDERS AND PROVIDE NO SECURITY AT ALL?

CHERTOFF = TRAITOR

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As you pointed out, the border is a dangerous place......I do not think the border is a place for people to operate in an untrained fashion. I do think the border patrol ought to be allowed to focus its resources on what its principal mission is, which is policing the border and making sure we have border security.�
    Well, this is just a big JOKE. Why in the world would we NEED the Minutemen if the border patrol was focusing its resources on policing the border and MAKING SURE WE HAVE BORDER SECURITY????

First of all, the Department of Homeland Security is not giving the border patrol the resources they need. Secondly, the head of the border patrol, Robert Bonner, has said he would welcome a volunteer auxiliary like the Minutemen to help. So, if the government is unwilling to provide the funds necessary to secure the border, it only leaves one option and that is taking matters into our own hands.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

It's bad enough that Chertoff looks like the Crypt keeper, he's nothing but a typical sell out lawyer. I am so sick of lawyereeze.
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/